NationAdv
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Saga; The fall of the heros of elgyria - "Critics r8 8/8, m8 "

+9
Glittershine
Druza
Gary Oak
zoxzix
Bazrael
Dingus
Luchuirps
Titus1
White Death
13 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Monster Saga; The fall of the heros of elgyria - "Critics r8 8/8, m8 " - Page 9 Empty Re: Monster Saga; The fall of the heros of elgyria - "Critics r8 8/8, m8 "

Post by Dafty Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:01 pm

REDAETH
1. At home the Blackwood Forest once again surges forth as green mana is released into the woods and applied to its growth, reclaiming more and more land.

2. 3.  Ask Celestayna if she has way to aid us in our search for the Gong, then begin the journey towards Amon Anar. Perhaps further clues lie there.

RESPONSE
1. Blackwood forest joins with Elsenmyr forest, becoming a single humongonormous forest. This happens over the course of a single day, the plain of ratha vanishing.

2-3: "Alas, the gong was broken. It could be fixed if it was found. In ancient legend a temple of dagorlac is spoken of. It was he who designed the gong. If you truly seek the gong for your good intending purpose, find the temple and find dagorlac."

Dagorlac is the complete opposite of your natural energy, the god most responsible for both simple and complex machines, the existence of golems, and the existence of the mysterious modrons, who went extinct 30,000 years before and left ruins throughout numerous continents.

Elsenmyr is said to have one such ruin, somewhere.

Amon anar is a long way from the crystal palace, but, there is a road that takes you in that direction, so the first portion of the trip is simply a long road journey, ending near the cliffs of Dorser. To the north and east lie mountains, numerous huge waterfalls, notably giant's spigot, in the area. Giant's spigot is a waterfall that pours from a huge crack in one of the mountains. Giant's spigot is the highest year-round waterfall in the world.

To the west lies Amon Anar, to the east, its long fallen brother, Amon Tarak. Amon Tarak is a half destroyed tower wedged between two huge mountains, and Amon Anar, the high hill of awe, is a huge hill on which is built a tower built entirely out of pearlstone with crystal studding, the white tower a glittering beautiful thing, the polar opposite of its fallen, ugly, destroyed brother tower. Powerful white mana magic radiates from Amon Anar, holding back, binding, and stopping in its tracks every evil intention and force. You hear the ancient subliminal thrumming of a vaylenvaro enchantment, Amon Anar a divinely built building.

EDIT: Laurolyn is with you, as is your traveling honor guard. They stayed with you and were with you on the journey to Amon Anar.

Last edited by Dafty on Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Monster Saga; The fall of the heros of elgyria - "Critics r8 8/8, m8 " - Page 9 Empty Re: Monster Saga; The fall of the heros of elgyria - "Critics r8 8/8, m8 "

Post by Mandingo Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:35 pm

Gary needs a new pair of shooooes
Mandingo carried out 3 launched of one d100 :
30 , 34 , 55
1-2-3: I grow tired of this. I will make my presence known to the redcaps. They will know that their death is upon them. I grab my shriveled head and summon my warrior dolls and venture out to their cave tree, taking necessary precautions to not be seen. My second will accompany me and provide supporting fire if needed. Upon reaching it, I will attempt to quickly kill any redcaps around the cave entrance, letting none warn their comrades. We will then conceal ourselves and the redcap bodies near the entrance and kill anybody that attempts to enter or leave through it. We will stay for as long as we feel we can without being noticed (we will leave after killing approximately 10 goblins, including the ones that were killed at the gate initially). The dolls and my second will carry the corpses with me back to the hut. If possible, we attempt to take 2 of the 10 goblins alive by using the sleeping potions.

Should we at any point need to escape, we will abort the operation by throwing the noxious gas bomb and running while the dolls buy time for us.
This is the beginning of the end for the goblin scum, and any alliance they may have with the ettins will only doom their comrades as well.
Mandingo
Mandingo

Back to top Go down

Post by Clovis Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:09 pm

Clovis carried out 3 launched of one d100 :
87 , 91 , 99

Bonuses
Chief - Social status. This is marked by tattoos on a bugbear's arms, and is obvious to any bugbear who looks.
I am around level 14, Dafty confirmed this.

“The deal sounds acceptable, in return for the sacrifices and my possession of an idol you grant me knowledge and equipment. This is a deal that I am willing to make.” Graxis glances down at his broken leg, weak. He is weak. The words ring in his head, caught off guard by a lumbering brute and defeated in a single blow, I must improve myself. I must forge for myself a body that can keep up with my ambition.

1. Graxis accepts the deal but before he returns to his quarters he speaks to Thugrus. “I will not shirk my training in the wake of this new encounter, although I cannot move I can still train my mind and prepare for the coming battle in your name, I will not disappoint you.”

2. Once Graxis is back in his quarters he will address the demon. “As I am I cannot gather the required materials for the sawtooth dagger, at best I could create the idol. And I will have trouble finding suitable sacrifices in this state. Seeing as how I am unable honor the deal with Gabradoluk, what does this mean for our arrangement?”

3. With some free time Graxis will attempt to create an idol of Gabradoluk. Being a tribesman of the bugbears creating crude idols is not very difficult for him, however; Graxis is aiming to create something that he can attach to his hip something that can easily be carried around and perhaps strike some fear into an opponent.

Stats: http://pastebin.com/TQau9vp2

Clovis

Back to top Go down

Post by Druza Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:47 am

Druza carried out 3 launched of one d100 :
86 , 85 , 38
Action 1: Start a mining shaft and capture nearby creatures to mine for it
Action 2: Make the mountain our home somehow
Action 3: Look through scrolls and shit dorfs have to find a major ritual spell

Painful spear of stabbing +5.
Druza
Druza

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:48 pm

ANNOUNCEMENT.

I lost my password and was unable to make contact with Ashkun to get a new one, so I was gone for a long time. Wasn't you guise or anything. I just lost my FREAKIN password MAAAAN.

FIAT

All players who elect to continue the game gain 2 immediate levels. This is my way of thanking you for being patient with the shittiness and the long delay.

END OF FIAT

Has everyone posted?
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittershine Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:04 pm

1-3:"Guards!" Cicilian yells from her chambers. "Get me a ruby. NOW!"
Glittershine carried out 3 launched of one d100 :
60 , 22 , 2

Glittershine

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:18 pm

MANDINGO
1-2-3: I grow tired of this. I will make my presence known to the redcaps. They will know that their death is upon them. I grab my shriveled head and summon my warrior dolls and venture out to their cave tree, taking necessary precautions to not be seen. My second will accompany me and provide supporting fire if needed. Upon reaching it, I will attempt to quickly kill any redcaps around the cave entrance, letting none warn their comrades. We will then conceal ourselves and the redcap bodies near the entrance and kill anybody that attempts to enter or leave through it. We will stay for as long as we feel we can without being noticed (we will leave after killing approximately 10 goblins, including the ones that were killed at the gate initially). The dolls and my second will carry the corpses with me back to the hut. If possible, we attempt to take 2 of the 10 goblins alive by using the sleeping potions.

Should we at any point need to escape, we will abort the operation by throwing the noxious gas bomb and running while the dolls buy time for us.
This is the beginning of the end for the goblin scum, and any alliance they may have with the ettins will only doom their comrades as well.

RESPONSE
You managed to kill 8 goblins before something unexpected happened and you had to flee. An eye of the deep, an underwater beholder who migrates from lake to lake, showed up quite suddenly with zero warning. It is a known creature, but it has never been seen in your lands. You were forced to use the sleeping potions on the beholder, and though it failed to put the creature to sleep, the creature screamed in rage and blinked its eyes as hard as it could, sneezing and seizuring, blind-firing numerous beams. Perfect cover for you to get away. Which you did.

3 of the bodies you carried away were destroyed. But you made it safely home. In addition, 2 dolls were destroyed by a fire beam.

Your second was forced to hide for a short time, but made it back as well, if a bit terrified. She told you that the Eye of the Deep wasn't an ally of the goblins.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:21 pm

NOTE

I didn't realize Redaeth hadn't posted yet. Redaeth may double post in the next set of player responses, responding to the missed turn and the new updates, if any involve Redaeth's character.

This will be my only set of updates until redaeth posts or explicitly states they are no longer in the game.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:33 pm

CLOVIS
“The deal sounds acceptable, in return for the sacrifices and my possession of an idol you grant me knowledge and equipment. This is a deal that I am willing to make.” Graxis glances down at his broken leg, weak. He is weak. The words ring in his head, caught off guard by a lumbering brute and defeated in a single blow, I must improve myself. I must forge for myself a body that can keep up with my ambition.

1. Graxis accepts the deal but before he returns to his quarters he speaks to Thugrus. “I will not shirk my training in the wake of this new encounter, although I cannot move I can still train my mind and prepare for the coming battle in your name, I will not disappoint you.”

2. Once Graxis is back in his quarters he will address the demon. “As I am I cannot gather the required materials for the sawtooth dagger, at best I could create the idol. And I will have trouble finding suitable sacrifices in this state. Seeing as how I am unable honor the deal with Gabradoluk, what does this mean for our arrangement?”

3. With some free time Graxis will attempt to create an idol of Gabradoluk. Being a tribesman of the bugbears creating crude idols is not very difficult for him, however; Graxis is aiming to create something that he can attach to his hip something that can easily be carried around and perhaps strike some fear into an opponent.

RESPONSE
1. "Study this, you will need it where you are going." Thurgus gave Graxis a book of the spell "Comprehend languages". Studying the book sufficiently teaches the spell, even if you are not a magic user.

2. The tall skeleton looking demon smirks. "You don't understand. The deal is applied to life and the eternity after life. So your leg's current state means nothing. There is no ritual to be done, the knife is a knife of sacrifice, simply issuing a deathblow with it is considered a sacrifice."

3. A FEY MOOD STRIKES YOU, you have no control over your actions....

....When you regain your senses after sleeping hard for a few days, you wake up to discover a pair of engraved greaves. A swirl of symbols you don't quite "get" is engraved into the greaves, a symbol that you know means Gabradoluk without saying the word or showing a picture is highly prominent in them.

You gained greaves of the idol: gabradoluk.

Clarification: during the fey mood time you didn't study the comprehend languages book, though you still have it.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:55 pm

DRUZA
Action 1: Start a mining shaft and capture nearby creatures to mine for it
Action 2: Make the mountain our home somehow
Action 3: Look through scrolls and shit dorfs have to find a major ritual spell

Painful spear of stabbing +5.

RESPONSE
1. What you thought was a mine the dwarves already had in place is actually a bitumen pool cave, liquid coal found in severely hot tarry pools throughout the cave.

2. CHALLENGER! Hogar the Holdout was in the dwarf semi-permanent settlements tool shed hiding. The dwarf is like a small whirlwind, a magic ring on his finger as he attacks with two swords, striking several DOZEN times per turn, your minions respond automatically, battle has started. Hogar has; greaves, studded leather jerkin, horned helmet, and two mythril swords, as well as a magic ring of unspecified type.

3. This action failed, and its why you are fighting Hogar.

If you elect to personally fight hogar, spend all three of your next turns actions fighting. You may simply throw large numbers of minions at him and lead from behind if you choose to however.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:10 pm

GLITTERSHINE

RESPONSE
Ruby acquired and given. The stinky marijuana-weed looking blob/goblin/imp creature examines the ruby for a moment, then tucks it away.

"When next you fall asleep, you will have a dream. In the dream you will meet Iphosay. It will seem like a dream, but everything you see hear say and do is real, and has consequences. Remember this if you want to live."

FOOF! the demon vanishes in a cloud of "weed smoke" smelling weed.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandingo Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:19 pm

I will deal with the beholder later. I want all of these goblins dead.

1: I'm going to assume that the goblins are immune to the poison excreted by their poisons. However, it could still be incredibly useful to harvest the poison from their corpses. There are many things that I might need dead in the future. Have my second collect whatever poison she may be able to from the goblin corpses and store it. After this, she has the rest of the day off. I've put her through quite a bit recently.

2-3: After poison has been sufficiently harvested, I will experiment with the corpses. The goal is reanimation as servants, but any use that might be discovered in the late goblins should be exploited.

Also, what does a gain of two levels actually entail? New spells?
19 , 25 , 82
Mandingo
Mandingo

Back to top Go down

Post by Clovis Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:53 pm

http://pastebin.com/dPYeCsDj

92 , 55 , 77

Bonuses
Chief - Social status. This is marked by tattoos on a bugbear's arms, and is obvious to any bugbear who looks.
I am around level 16, Dafty confirmed this.

As Graxis rests in his quarters waiting for his leg to heal and studies the spellbook for comprehend language, he grows restless and decides to ask some questions of his newfound “instructor”. “If you are to tutor me in the ways of conquest and serve as my connection to Gabradoluk, then I would have your name. Simply calling you demon will not suffice.” Graxis eyes the infernal creature awaiting a response, whatever that may be.

1. Graxis converses with the demon asking for its name. After the demons answer Graxis will ask more questions, “The Fey Mood that overtook me and had me create these impressive greaves intrigues me, under its influence I was able to forge these greaves despite my injuries, so surely under its influence I would be able to forge the sawtooth dagger correct? I would despise being forced to sit here and leave my end of our bargain in the air while I recover.”

2. Graxis studies the spellbook for comprehend language, if he manages to learn the spell Graxis will attempt to read the runes on the greaves.

3. Graxis will begin his lessons with his tutor, his own personal studies in his youth, although intense could only yield so much without an instructor. His knowledge of strategies and tactics come from observing battles between armies from afar. Now Graxis has someone that can actually teach him of conquest, how he could create and maintain an empire. Now Graxis can learn to be a true commander of armies, he could learn of the tactics and stratagems that Generals and Kings Use, he can learn from them and their mistakes. Graxis can be taught to recognize exploit them. He would be lying if he said that he wasn’t excited.

Clovis

Back to top Go down

Post by Druza Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:29 pm

97 , 45 , 59

Action 1: Harvest the coal
Action 2: Send minions at the bastard
Action 3: Try creating golems
Druza
Druza

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:11 pm

Druza: what did you do about hogar the holdout?
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Druza Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:48 am

Send manticore and some other minions at him
Druza
Druza

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:56 pm

Redaeth's character is now suspended, and may not act or be acted upon until redaeth either returns or the game ends. Redaeth may rejoin at any time if they want to.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:59 pm

MANDINGO
1: I'm going to assume that the goblins are immune to the poison excreted by their poisons. However, it could still be incredibly useful to harvest the poison from their corpses. There are many things that I might need dead in the future. Have my second collect whatever poison she may be able to from the goblin corpses and store it. After this, she has the rest of the day off. I've put her through quite a bit recently.

2-3: After poison has been sufficiently harvested, I will experiment with the corpses. The goal is reanimation as servants, but any use that might be discovered in the late goblins should be exploited.

RESPONSE
1: During the autopsy to get the poison, your second fucked up and some sprayed in her face. She wasn't killed, but she was sick for two days.

2-3: Reanimation a mixed bag. In some cases only parts of them came to life, in other cases, they only came to life for a short time, then rotted away to nothing immediately. In a few cases you got either goblin zombies or goblin skeletons, but you only got two or three of these. The good news is you sort-of understand what went wrong. You need more mana and you need to do the spell more often. The other good news is, one of the ones who rotted away to nothing left behind a glittery, dark stone. It must be a sorcerous element. You're not familiar with it or what it does.

Last edited by Dafty on Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:09 pm

CLOVIS
1. Graxis converses with the demon asking for its name. After the demons answer Graxis will ask more questions, “The Fey Mood that overtook me and had me create these impressive greaves intrigues me, under its influence I was able to forge these greaves despite my injuries, so surely under its influence I would be able to forge the sawtooth dagger correct? I would despise being forced to sit here and leave my end of our bargain in the air while I recover.”

2. Graxis studies the spellbook for comprehend language, if he manages to learn the spell Graxis will attempt to read the runes on the greaves.

3. Graxis will begin his lessons with his tutor, his own personal studies in his youth, although intense could only yield so much without an instructor. His knowledge of strategies and tactics come from observing battles between armies from afar. Now Graxis has someone that can actually teach him of conquest, how he could create and maintain an empire. Now Graxis can learn to be a true commander of armies, he could learn of the tactics and stratagems that Generals and Kings Use, he can learn from them and their mistakes. Graxis can be taught to recognize exploit them. He would be lying if he said that he wasn’t excited.

RESPONSE

The demon explains to you that only demons of rank and devil lords actually have names, the generic every day demons simply have an 8 number string of numbers that identify them. The demon says that it is generic cornugon number 66850458, but that you may call it Flargh.

1. The demon explains that since no specific time of day or night was mentioned in the contract, simply making the sacrifices regularly, probably at least once a month, is sufficient, unless you want to go the deeper cultish route and inflict tiny injuries on yourself with the sawtooth. The demon lets graxis borrow a sawtooth ritual dagger it already had.

2. Spend 1 more action studying to learn Comprehend languages.

3. You gained the Leadership skill, and gained a level in weapons wielding, armor wielding, and field command. Further study can raise your skills more.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:13 pm

DRUZA
Action 1: Harvest the coal
Action 2: Send minions at the bastard
Action 3: Try creating golems

RESPONSE

2 - You lost very numerous mixed minions, but hogar was brought down and killed. Hogar's magic ring was a ring of haste, which allowed him to move and respond at sprint speed without actually being in a sprint.

The manticore joins your army as a spellcaster.

1. Harvesting the coal gives you oil, coal-stone, and bitumen.

3. You created 10 Coal Golems, who are weak vs fire, but big, strong, and ooze scalding hot bitumen out of any cracks and crevices in their bodies.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Clovis Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:45 pm

Stats: http://pastebin.com/n0MNtEQ4

72 , 78 , 48

Bonuses

1. Now that Graxis is healed he will begin his training anew. With Flargh to instruct him he will resume training using the ring given to him by Thugrus, if Flargh sees an error he will instruct Graxis on how to better himself. Again the ultimate aim is to dispatch the opponent suffering little to no wounds. Graxis will also practice to be able to deal the finishing blow with the sawtooth dagger.

2. Graxis will continue to study Comprehend Languages, once he learns it he will first read what the runs on his Idol Graves say.

3. And finally Graxis resumes his tutoring to become a Conqueror King under the instruction of Flargh.

Clovis

Back to top Go down

Post by Clovis Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:21 pm

Clovis wrote:Stats: http://pastebin.com/n0MNtEQ4

24 , 7 , 79

Bonuses

1. Now that Graxis is healed he will begin his training anew. With Flargh to instruct him he will resume training using the ring given to him by Thugrus, if Flargh sees an error he will instruct Graxis on how to better himself. Again the ultimate aim is to dispatch the opponent suffering little to no wounds. Graxis will also practice to be able to deal the finishing blow with the sawtooth dagger.

2. Graxis will continue to study Comprehend Languages, once he learns it he will first read what the runs on his Idol Graves say.

3. And finally Graxis resumes his tutoring to become a Conqueror King under the instruction of Flargh.

Editing it to remove some false fluff changed the rolls. The original rolls where 22 , 37 , 68

Clovis

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandingo Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:39 pm

Just wanna say Clovis is a real man. Addin those correct rolls. What a boss.

1: Now I REALLY feel like I've been a dick to my second. I give her the next two days to recover completely. I give her free rein in whatever magical texts or sources I might own to study whatever magic she wishes. She DID originally join to learn my art, after all. I ask her specifically to try to find ways to bolster mana, if possibile.
2: It is clear that my reanimation magic is rudimentary, but has much untapped potential. My skeleton(s) are sent out with the remaining dolls to stealthily retrieve more goblin bodies.
3: I am intrigued by this sorcerous element produced by my spell. I personally experiment with it, attempting to figure out any use it might have, as well as how it was generated in the first place.

40 , 74 , 76
Gary needs a new pair of SHOES
Mandingo
Mandingo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:58 pm

Glittershine needs to post, thats the hold-up. Not that I blame glittershine. I'm not even slightly annoyed, I'm just letting you guise know I haven't died again.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittershine Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:05 am

Dafty wrote:GLITTERSHINE

RESPONSE
Ruby acquired and given. The stinky marijuana-weed looking blob/goblin/imp creature examines the ruby for a moment, then tucks it away.

"When next you fall asleep, you will have a dream. In the dream you will meet Iphosay. It will seem like a dream, but everything you see hear say and do is real, and has consequences. Remember this if you want to live."

FOOF! the demon vanishes in a cloud of "weed smoke" smelling weed.

Sorry I've been kinda swamped recently and get putting it off.
1-3:Well I guess its time for bed then. Guards get a me something to drink to get me to fall asleep. Preferably something tasty.

50 , 17 , 12

Glittershine

Back to top Go down

Post by Druza Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:41 pm

95 , 34 , 57

Action 1: Kill dorfs
Action 2: give a minion (that's not the manticore) the ring of haste
Action 3:  Gather more minions

Forgot to roll
Druza
Druza

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:14 pm

CLOVIS

RESPONSE

1. Flargh expands on your training by ushering you into a fight-zone filled with traps. Each time you die in a trap, you simply wake up in your own body in your own reality. You're learning how to be a real elite fighter.

2. You learned comprehend languages, but the runes you tried to use it on are symbols of magic, not a language, so you don't understand them. The greaves have some sort of spell-ability.

3. Flargh fetches three books. "How to conquer realms and win the people's love" by Mormaunt Graunton, "The lives of the conquerors" by Herozander Pylus, and "What to do when you find your castle is just not up to par", by Flayn Gimblebomb.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:23 pm

MANDINGO
1: Now I REALLY feel like I've been a dick to my second. I give her the next two days to recover completely. I give her free rein in whatever magical texts or sources I might own to study whatever magic she wishes. She DID originally join to learn my art, after all. I ask her specifically to try to find ways to bolster mana, if possibile.

2: It is clear that my reanimation magic is rudimentary, but has much untapped potential. My skeleton(s) are sent out with the remaining dolls to stealthily retrieve more goblin bodies.

3: I am intrigued by this sorcerous element produced by my spell. I personally experiment with it, attempting to figure out any use it might have, as well as how it was generated in the first place.

RESPONSES
1. Your second spends the first day reading books, and the second day experimenting with a small crystal. She tells you she's learned that gemstones and artifacts of value (gold, silver, platinum, jewel encrusted, etc), hold a lot more mana than the average piece of material does.

2. Several goblin bodies are brought back. But the skeletons misunderstood the order. They went off and found a graveyard, they didn't kill the goblins in the swamp. The perils of sending mindless undead, eh? As for the dolls, they dragged 5 further bodies back, but they went to the goblins in the swamp, so they brought back 5 dead goblins they killed.

3. After a hair-raising encounter with a magical gateway through which you saw the far realms, your experiments continue without much incident. The sorcerous element is a brittle, foil-like, dusty material which makes a resonating hum when placed close to demon-magic or necromancy magic. It also seems to be slooooowly changing into something else, as the black blob-shaped stone sweats drops of mercury out.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:36 pm

GLITTERSHINE
1-3:Well I guess its time for bed then. Guards get a me something to drink to get me to fall asleep. Preferably something tasty.

RESPONSE
You dream a dream of seven gates.

At the first gate, a gate of gold, you are forced to give up your armor to get through.

At the second gate, a gate of platinum, you are forced to give up your weapon to get through.

At the third gate, a gate of iron, you are forced to give up your secondary weapon to get through.

At the fourth gate, a gate of steel, you are forced to give up your attire to get through.

At the fifth gate, a gate of bone, you are forced to give up your inventory to get through.

At the sixth gate, a gate of moonstone, you are forced to shed a small amount of blood to get through.

At the seventh and final gate, a gate made of indeterminate black material, you are forced to give up your memory of why you came to get through.

Finally you reach the garden of iphosay. Iphosays garden is riddled with mostly-immobile plant monsters, giant mushrooms, poisonous weeds, foul smelling murk, and twisted, horrible trees. Iphosay and her corrupted attendants, all of whom refuse to wear any form of attire and all of whom are luscious women, invite you into a sexual encounter. They do this by pouring some sort of oil all over themselves and getting cuddly-snuggly-horny with each other. Someone mutters a name and you remember the bitch-lich lyrane, but can't remember why you would remember that.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:38 pm

DRUZA
Action 1: Kill dorfs
Action 2: give a minion (that's not the manticore) the ring of haste
Action 3: Gather more minions

RESPONSE
1: There are no dorfs left in this area
2: The goblin fled with it.
3: Kobolds (cheap but weak as fuck), or Trolls (strong but expensive)?
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandingo Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:49 pm

1: Have my second take the dolls, as well as her crossbow, and continue to pick off goblins. Only bring back ideal corpses, with minimal wounds. Hide the rest.
2-3: Fresh corpses are always better. Leave the graveyard corpses for now.
I also leave most of the fresh corpses, picking the least harmed one, preferably the most physically fit goblin. Not wanting to let the sorcerous element go to waste, as it seems to be doing over time, I surgically implant the stone into my chosen goblin's heart. Then, I attempt to resurrect him, using all of the mana at my disposal. Fingers crossed.

81 , 27 , 87
Mandingo
Mandingo

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittershine Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:58 am

Cicilian wades through the murk and the voluptious bodies moving towards the demon, attempting to resist the urge to give up on her quest to enjoy the pleasures of demon flesh, muttering the Lich's name so that it would not escape her mind.
7 , 37 , 12

Glittershine

Back to top Go down

Post by Clovis Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:16 pm

16 , 79 , 46

Stats: http://pastebin.com/2TVwQfaQ

Bonuses

Excellent! This training is incredible. Gabradoluk can certainly deliver.

1. Graxis will continue training under Flargh. His instructor is a brutal taskmaster, perfect for training Graxis. The repeated deaths that Graxis endures during the training only serve to fuel his ambition to become strong. Graxis will earn his title of Indomitable.

2. Gabradoluk has been delivering on his end of the deal. It is time that Graxis does the same. Donning the Idol Graves he sets out to find a suitable sacrifice for Gabradoluk. His method of attack will be quick, brutal and efficient. If he comes across a group then he will sacrifice all of them with the Sawtooth dagger.

3. Upon his return Graxis will continue his studies to become a conqueror king. In between Flargh’s lectures Graxis reads "The lives of the conquerors" by Herozander Pylus.

Clovis

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:12 pm

Seems like that was everyone, but I'm not sure. During my long absence I sort of forgot who exactly all was playing.

Is this everyone? If it is, I'll be doing an update later today.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Druza Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:59 pm

45 , 74 , 22

Action 1: Start making the mine my fort so that i can remove
Action 2: Find someone who will help me make rituals
Action 3: Build room for rituals
I pick kobold
Druza
Druza

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Oak Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:19 pm

Gary Oak carried out 3 launched of one d100 :
48 , 1 , 14
1-3; Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! I'm back home!!! Thank you, mr elemental~!!!! I better get back quick and check out how my people are doing!! They probably used all the special treasure I got to fish so I'll have to punish them for using it, but then I'll get them more stuff for being nice and staying alive for me~!!
Gary Oak
Gary Oak
King of the Motherfucking Hill

https://nationcivrun.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Oak Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:23 pm

fuck me another critfail right after another when I returned
Gary Oak
Gary Oak
King of the Motherfucking Hill

https://nationcivrun.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:36 pm

Re-re-re-re-responding now. My internet was crappy due to a transformer blowing in a storm a day ago, but its back now.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:49 pm

MANDINGO
1: Have my second take the dolls, as well as her crossbow, and continue to pick off goblins. Only bring back ideal corpses, with minimal wounds. Hide the rest.

2-3: Fresh corpses are always better. Leave the graveyard corpses for now.

I also leave most of the fresh corpses, picking the least harmed one, preferably the most physically fit goblin. Not wanting to let the sorcerous element go to waste, as it seems to be doing over time, I surgically implant the stone into my chosen goblin's heart. Then, I attempt to resurrect him, using all of the mana at my disposal. Fingers crossed.

RESPONSE
1. Your second gained a rank in thief, but you lost about a third of the dolls. Your second returns with; a scroll of grease (a spell), a strange ivory amulet, three potions of minor magica-restoring, and 2 coin purses totally 62 copper coins. not to mention 5 corpses with minimal injuries.

2-3. The goblin you revived after the surgery screams in pain, flails wildly, then petrifies, dying again after only a few minutes of life. The corpse then dissolves into a blob of quicksilver also containing a blob of what resembles liquid ruby. The two blobs harden quickly, the mix of quicksilver and whatever the red liquid is causing the mercury to immediately harden into a mass roughly half the size of the corpse that was there minutes before.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:59 pm

GLITTERSHINE
Cicilian wades through the murk and the voluptious bodies moving towards the demon, attempting to resist the urge to give up on her quest to enjoy the pleasures of demon flesh, muttering the Lich's name so that it would not escape her mind.

RESPONSE
1-3: After an intense, exhausting lesbian experience with iphosay and her attendants, you find yourself lounging in a "spa" of bubbling blood, lit only by a large intermittent geyser of blue fire and distant light from volcanos. Two of Iphosays attendants "attend" your every sexual need and desire while Iphosay sits across from you. "Now then.... heheh..." Iphosay sips a white milky 'drink' (thats probably semen) from a black onyx goblet cup. "What is it about that bitch lyrane that made you travel all this way just to see me? You looking for a deal? I'm hoping you weren't sent by her, because if you were, you won't be returning alive."
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:26 pm

CLOVIS
1. Graxis will continue training under Flargh. His instructor is a brutal taskmaster, perfect for training Graxis. The repeated deaths that Graxis endures during the training only serve to fuel his ambition to become strong. Graxis will earn his title of Indomitable.

2. Gabradoluk has been delivering on his end of the deal. It is time that Graxis does the same. Donning the Idol Graves he sets out to find a suitable sacrifice for Gabradoluk. His method of attack will be quick, brutal and efficient. If he comes across a group then he will sacrifice all of them with the Sawtooth dagger.

3. Upon his return Graxis will continue his studies to become a conqueror king. In between Flargh’s lectures Graxis reads "The lives of the conquerors" by Herozander Pylus.

RESPONSE
Due to what happens and the way it happens, you did action 3 first.

3. Chapter 1: Antiquities, the pseudo-mythic conquerers, has a note which states that while some of these deeds have been verified by archeologists sages and by firsthand accounts, these people lived so long ago that some of their deeds are of uncertain veracity. The very first conqueror in the book is Nibelzer, the doom of all, who lived c. -2671 to c. -2636. (minus means its equiv to B.C.). Nibelzer is said to have invented the war chariot early in life, and to have written a instruction tablet called 'Instructions ritual, formal, and battle-field, for the use and behavior of formation archers' which, unfortunately, has not come down to us, though fragments of it are included in other tablets. Nibelzer's epithet, "the doom of all" comes from the fact that he insisted his troops have standardized gear, train in formations, and both fight and march in formation, these ideas were so new at the time that defeated almost every king in the desert of wind and the valley of 4 rivers (an area similar to the mid-east, and about the same size). Nibelzer's section ends with a large picture sketched from life, of a wall-carving depicting him riding his chariot in front of a parade of troops, each troop's spear having two dead bodies impaled on it, the brutal image of force copied from a wall carving entitled 'Nibelzer Subdues the city of Shurshur'.

1. QUEST! Flargh tells you that you will be testing your skills now. Your quest is to find Adolani the prioress (level 34 cleric) and kill her, returning to flargh only when you have done this and completing the quest successfully only if you return with Adolani's scalp. (though you'll get the EXP for the kill either way).

2. An unlucky family of gnomes are the first thing you encounter. All but one of them aren't adventurers so they're easy to kill with the sawtooth dagger. Its only when Gurgo, the older male, is finally by himself that things get real, REAL fucking dangerous. Gurgo, raging mad that his whole family was slaughtered as a sacrifice, slips a ring on.

Minutes later he is an adult red dragon. You need all three actions to fight the dragon, and it may take more than one post to beat him.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:36 pm

DRUZA
Action 1: Start making the mine my fort so that i can remove
Action 2: Find someone who will help me make rituals
Action 3: Build room for rituals

RESPONSE
1. Using local stone from the mine and from the general area, you give the mine stronger, sturdier walls, floors, and ceilings.

2. You find a tower containing 6 archmages.

3. Fail, you need an archmage or a magician for this, and the only minion you have within your general area that can do it, the archmage, costs 22 raw diamonds or 12 exalted perfect-cut diamonds per week, which is way beyond what you can even come close to affording.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:39 pm

GARY OAK
1-3; Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! I'm back home!!! Thank you, mr elemental~!!!! I better get back quick and check out how my people are doing!! They probably used all the special treasure I got to fish so I'll have to punish them for using it, but then I'll get them more stuff for being nice and staying alive for me~!!

RESPONSE
1-3: An undersea volcanic eruption caused an earthquake that destroyed the castle. However, since your body wasn't found (for good reason, you're still alive), none of the treasure was taken.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandingo Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:34 pm

1: I thank my second for her exceptional service on her recent venture. I then tell her to take a few of the zombies to the graveyard that they found earlier and rob some graves, looking for anything resembling jewelry.

2-3: I spend some time carefully attempting to extract what looked like a liquid ruby from the mass of quicksilver. I want to cause as little damage as possible, so a safety first approach should be taken.

98 , 86 , 65

Mandingo
Mandingo

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittershine Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:07 pm

"Alright let's cut to it then.I am Lyrene's personal... Face I guess would be the term. She threatened to take over my kingdom if I didn't act as the stand in ruler while she tries to take over the underdark. And while I was reading some tomes on her I found one story in particular interesting. One about you hating her for various reasons that always seem to change. Now I would like to inform you that by no means did she send me to you. In fact if she learned I was here shed probably kill me then raise me from the dead as a mindless pain golem. But anyways my point is that if I'm going to climb up this chain of command from an expendable PR rep to something of more stature maybe I could start by doing the job I was given better then expected. So what I'm trying to do is make amends between you and her. This way you get to spend less of your important time hating her and she no longer has to worry about any demon queens conspiring against her.

Glittershine

Back to top Go down

Post by Clovis Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:46 pm

http://pastebin.com/y2810pD9

8 , 80 , 57

Bonuses

An imposing creature is now before Graxis, and although it is not a true dragon, Graxis must still take this threat seriously. To think that a gnome would hold such a treasure.

1-2-3. Graxis will begin his attack by aiming for one of the dragon’s eyes with a throwing Axe, a faint. Graxis will then close the distance while the beast is distracted and plunge his Warpick into the beasts forearm attempting to puncture the bone and cripple the dragon. After his attack Graxis will dodge the dragons attempt at a counter and then taunt the beast.
“Do you believe that this new appearance will frighten me, gnome? Foolish weakling, beneath this new form you’re still just a pathetic little coward that couldn’t protect his family. I bet that you don’t even have a breath attack.”
Graxis will wait for the dragon to inhale for a breath attack and then he will strike. Using his improved speed and mobility Graxis will grab onto and force shut the dragon’s maw causing its breath attack to backfire. Although his arms strain against the beasts might Graxis will not release the dragons maw until its breath attack backfires.

If this tactic does not kill the dragon but instead fatally wounds it, then Graxis will deal the finishing blow with the sawtooth dagger. Then he will feast on the dragon’s body. Starting with the heart and coincidentally bathing in its blood.

Clovis

Back to top Go down

Post by Clovis Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:47 pm

tfw you hit save, not preview and it shows the rolls as a 90 and an 80. Such is life.

Clovis

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:28 pm

Clovis wrote:tfw you hit save, not preview and it shows the rolls as a 90 and an 80. Such is life.

By fiat and with the authority absolute, I am changing your roll of 8 to a roll of 20. I am doing this one time and one time only. Hit post instead of save next time.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Clovis Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:00 pm

Dafty wrote:
Clovis wrote:tfw you hit save, not preview and it shows the rolls as a 90 and an 80. Such is life.

By fiat and with the authority absolute, I am changing your roll of 8 to a roll of 20. I am doing this one time and one time only. Hit post instead of save next time.

That's the thing. I hit Send not Preview but then it previewed it anyway. It doesn't happen every time but this is also not the first time it has happened. It is not that big of a deal and next time I will just deal with it, even if a 100 turns into a 1. I'm sorry if I stalled the game by complaining like I did.

Clovis

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:09 pm

You didn't stall it clovis. I think the site just needs to be put together better. There are a couple issues I see every few times I come on, like that crazy formatting problem in which the stuff on screen is squeezed into the middle of the picture for no reason.

But this isn't the place to discuss that, I think theres a "problems" thread somewhere on the forum.

EDIT: The Game may proceed as normal.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum