NationAdv
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Saga; The fall of the heros of elgyria - "Critics r8 8/8, m8 "

+9
Glittershine
Druza
Gary Oak
zoxzix
Bazrael
Dingus
Luchuirps
Titus1
White Death
13 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Monster Saga; The fall of the heros of elgyria - "Critics r8 8/8, m8 " - Page 5 Empty Re: Monster Saga; The fall of the heros of elgyria - "Critics r8 8/8, m8 "

Post by Gary Oak Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:56 am

Gary Oak carried out 3 launched of one d100 :
85 , 68 , 29
God? AHahahaha, why would I want to be a god? Furry little people are so funny~! I do like smashing stuff though, so I guess I'll go ahead and smash up the lizard village. I assume I still have my club mace thing so that'll crush them up, no problem~! Maybe I can get directions to the sea now!
Gary Oak
Gary Oak
King of the Motherfucking Hill

https://nationcivrun.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Monster Saga; The fall of the heros of elgyria - "Critics r8 8/8, m8 " - Page 5 Empty Re: Monster Saga; The fall of the heros of elgyria - "Critics r8 8/8, m8 "

Post by Clovis Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:40 pm

Clovis carried out 3 launched of one d100 :
40 , 83 , 96

1. Ask the Necromancer if he knows of any method to contract a fiend lord into our services, or of any dragons nearby that would be willing to join our army in exchange for food, wealth and kobold servants.

2. Surely some more of these black powder muskets survived the battle? Locate ammunition and black powder for the muskets, try to familiarize some of our forces with the rifles.

3. Graxis shall train with his troops today, organizing sparring matches between himself and groups of his own forces, this will hone his battle instinct and give him some experience fighting against a number of enemies at once.

Clovis

Back to top Go down

Post by redaeth Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:19 pm

redaeth carried out 3 launched of one d100 :
87 , 76 , 66
1. Ask the undead if it wishes to be laid to rest.

2. 3. If no answer comes shape a small tunnel so to move around it.

redaeth
redaeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:30 pm

Gary Oak wrote: Dafty carried out 3 launched of one d100 :
21 , 39 , 9
God? AHahahaha, why would I want to be a god? Furry little people are so funny~! I do like smashing stuff though, so I guess I'll go ahead and smash up the lizard village. I assume I still have my club mace thing so that'll crush them up, no problem~! Maybe I can get directions to the sea now!

The attack on the village is swift and fierce, and when you voluntarily lead the way, the gnolls send several warriors with you. All goes well until your club is struck by lightning by one of the lizard men using a spell. Fortunately you strike him in a rage and throw him against a wall so hard he splats, but one of your tentacles got blown off.

It quickly becomes apparent that the lizards weapons just aren't good enough. They drive you back by sending fire breathers against you. This is the first time (in your life) that you've been driven back, with several burning wounds no less.

You survive being driven back, but you need rest and time to regenerate. Still, the gnolls managed to loot a lot of material from the lizards, so they're still pretty convinced you're a god of some sort.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:32 pm

Mandingo wrote:"Roger Dodger..."
Action decided, I suppose.
I suppose I'll have to wait a turn since I put so much effort into my Alter Self spell, so I suppose I'll prepare for the ritual of Antipathy until then. Whatever that requires.

While you are preparing for the rituals, Ilus-Jad comes to you. He speaks to you that night, telling you that during his journey through the city he saw some fragments of defiler script, which he is able to read. He tells you there may be the ruin of a temple somewhere nearby, or that the city may have been built by taking from such a ruin.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:42 pm

Clovis wrote: Dafty carried out 3 launched of one d100 :
67 , 49 , 50

1. Ask the Necromancer if he knows of any method to contract a fiend lord into our services, or of any dragons nearby that would be willing to join our army in exchange for food, wealth and kobold servants.

2. Surely some more of these black powder muskets survived the battle? Locate ammunition and black powder for the muskets, try to familiarize some of our forces with the rifles.

3. Graxis shall train with his troops today, organizing sparring matches between himself and groups of his own forces, this will hone his battle instinct and give him some experience fighting against a number of enemies at once.

1. The summons is completed, but the necromancer and you summon Gabradoluk instead of the one you meant to summon. He is tremendous, around 20 feet tall, with huge wings that stretch the length of his body, scales like a fish all over his torso, one of his large eyes is multifaceted, the other has multiple pupils, he has several twisted horns on his head, a third eye on the back of his head, his hands and feet are greenish and his body is reddish, his wings are like those of a dragon, his face is that of a goat, a tail that breaks into seven scourge like whips and ends with a bladed point at each tip, and patches of rough, rigid hair that sweat stinking poisons. The demon produces a huge book, which he opens, the pages flipping extremely rapidly then stopping suddenly. He looks at the page, finger going down it. "Aha." He calls the bugbear leader by name. "What do you want? What do you offer?"

2. Your troops found black powder for the guns. A few barrels of it that had only just arrived when the siege started and were housed in the stablehouse, not the magazine. Your force's power-level just rose significantly.

3. You fight as never before, and fight off several waves of warriors. Fortunately you're using wood + sandbag weapons. So no actual permanent harm being inflicted. At the end its just you and one other person, a female warrior you don't know personally, fighting it out. The fight between just you and just her takes two hours. You fuck later. Its an experience you won't soon forget.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:43 pm

redaeth wrote: Dafty carried out 3 launched of one d100 :
55 , 53 , 30
1. Ask the undead if it wishes to be laid to rest.

2. 3. If no answer comes shape a small tunnel so to move around it.

1-3: Something stirs in the ancient creature's shattered fragments of its mind. "...you may pass.." a dry, dusty voice that sounds like its a distant echo down a cave from a long-away shout, issues from the wraith. Who then vanishes.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by redaeth Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:53 am

79 , 93 , 52
1. 2. 3. Continue our exploration.
redaeth
redaeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Oak Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:37 pm

94 , 79 , 4
1-2; So mean! I hate fire, it's so hot and stuff~! Whatever, scaly no good lizards are gone now so I should take a break and rest up a bit for now.
3; OH, OH! Maybe I can find out from the Gnolls if they can show me to the ocean..
Gary Oak
Gary Oak

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandingo Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:08 pm

Intriguing, Ilus-Jad...
We'll begin the search for these ruins directly after we earn their trust. Also, Ilus-Jad, these people believe you to be some sort of Defiler Lord. (1) Could you tell me more about your past? Also, they seem to think you capable of defiler magic. Let's keep it that way for now, eh?
Well, I should probably make a pretty good second impression, seeing as how I botched my first one so hard. (2-3) Let's get started on that ritual of Antipathy, and keep the mistress safe from humanoid assassins for now. (I'm assuming that the more specific the category, the more effective it is? Just my intuition on the matter.)
Also, for clarification purposes, am I now a drow? Did alter self succeed?

Mandingo carried out 3 launched of one d100 :
31 , 54 , 33
Mandingo
Mandingo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:31 pm

To Mandingo from Ilus-Jad.

This is dialog only and does not constitute a turn passing, nor does it address any actions but Mandingo's naga's conversation with Ilus-Jad. On occasions when there is more than a few sentences of dialog to tell, I may elect at times to write what is actually told in full myself. This applies to all further instances of lore dialog being disclosed.

"I was born in a kingdom that stood where now stands the burning desert. In my time it was a land of fountains, water, tall trees, and many wild beasts, as well as many dangerous monsters. We had our own temples and gods, we had our own language, though we had no one king who was a ruler of all kings, it came to pass in later days that our word for 'leader' was mistranslated as 'king'. It is a long and boring story that I will tell some other time. It came in my time that a wizard who's name I do not remember was studying necromancy, and, in an attempt to learn I know not what, he used a wand made of a certain enchanted element. Instead of the necromancy he intended, he cast the first defilement spell. Defilement was then a new form of magic, and little understood, though all who witnessed its use testify of its intense and immense power. It eats the mana of a land and its life, as all spells do, but it puts nothing, at all, back, it leaves void where once mana flowed. My skill with a staff was quickly noticed, and I was chosen to be a warrior-protector in a lord's retinue. As far as the magic goes, I don't know any, though I might seem to know some, given my state's powers. What I have been trying to discretely tell you is that if this is built from the fragments of a defiler temple, I may be able to take you to a spot in which you could learn it yourself."

Optional side mission: learn defiler magic with Ilus-Jad
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandingo Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:10 pm

... That is so tempting, but we mustn't rush things. If we gain their trust, we will have safe passage to these ruins. Then I will gladly learn this magic. It seems to be extraordinarily useful, especially as I have no particular combat prowess myself.
(I can't really change my rolls for this turn, but if I could I'd still wait till next turn. Gotta be trusted. Focus on the ritual for now.
Mandingo
Mandingo

Back to top Go down

Post by Clovis Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:53 pm

54 , 16 , 25

1-2-3. Graxis gazes upon the visage of Gabradoluk, he was in the presence of true power, he needed to act carefully and think quickly. Even if he didn’t want to summon Gabradoluk he could still make good use of this situation, the simplest answer he could give the Field lord woud be that he desires power, but he would likely be unable to pay up for the consequences “I want the ability to forge the greatest weapons and armors ever, what I offer is continued sacrifices, my war band shall from hence force strive to take prisoners, said prisoners shall be sacrificed to you, unless an odd situation occurs and we require a specific prisoner for the future, in which case we will deliberately go and find you more sacrifices as compensation, the sacrifices remains will be given to either our head necromancer or the butcher, unless meddling with the corpses of sacrifices displeases you, also once we have settled down in an area and established ourselves we shall create a temple dedicated to you and your power, is this a fitting price?” As Graxis speaks he does not look away from the intimidating gaze of Gabradoluk, he is presenting himself as a customer, a patron it would not due to show cowardice in front of his future benefactor. Graxis can already imagine it, blood forged weaponry capable of reducing a city wall to rubble, armor capable of deflecting or even destroying that which attacks it, it would be costly to create but he would be able to do much with the knowledge of fiend forging.

Clovis

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:41 pm

80 , 59 , 58
1. 2. 3. Continue our exploration.

After passing a goblin body covered in severely dangerous russet mold, you come to what you may or may not have been searching for, the bandit queen's lair. Its a grand haul of six large chests and three large containers, all nine of these containers are trapped. Sitting on a throne made of melted swords is the ancient Bandit Queen's skeleton, still clutching a sword and wearing fanciful boob-plate. She was put there after death, and died from unspecified causes, the cause of death not being obvious.

if you know the disarm trap spells you could try them, or you could try and let a slyph pick the locks. Either resolution wouldn't be easy, and you get the distinct feeling that the russet mold might come whooshing out of these traps if you play this wrong. Russet mold would be a near-instant fatality if it hit you, as the material multiplies geometrically and devours flesh (but not bone), like high intensity acid from only a few moments after it touches flesh.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:44 pm

Gary Oak wrote: Dafty carried out 3 launched of one d100 :
2 , 86 , 4
1-2; So mean! I hate fire, it's so hot and stuff~! Whatever, scaly no good lizards are gone now so I should take a break and rest up a bit for now.
3; OH, OH! Maybe I can find out from the Gnolls if they can show me to the ocean..

You grow back all your lost limbs, but grow huge lobster-claws instead of tentacles, though the surviving lengths of tentacle are still flexible, and you still have numerous tentacles.

The gnolls don't know what an "ocean" is. They tell you that frigid mountains inhabited by giants are to the north, the burning desert is to the south, and the elf-lands are to the east and west. Though they do tell you that if you follow the Fish river south, you'll skirt the desert and come to a giant high mountain lake. The lake you learn about is probably the biggest lake you've ever heard of, its many times larger than a city radius, but surrounded on all sides by mountains.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:47 pm

Mandingo wrote:Intriguing, Ilus-Jad...
We'll begin the search for these ruins directly after we earn their trust. Also, Ilus-Jad, these people believe you to be some sort of Defiler Lord. (1) Could you tell me more about your past? Also, they seem to think you capable of defiler magic. Let's keep it that way for now, eh?
Well, I should probably make a pretty good second impression, seeing as how I botched my first one so hard. (2-3) Let's get started on that ritual of Antipathy, and keep the mistress safe from humanoid assassins for now. (I'm assuming that the more specific the category, the more effective it is? Just my intuition on the matter.)
Also, for clarification purposes, am I now a drow? Did alter self succeed?

Dafty carried out 3 launched of one d100 :
100 , 8 , 69

1. Dialog with Ilus-jad, previous post.
2-3: Your ritual went sideways but you pulled it back to control. You created rings of the magnetic grip instead of rings of antipathy. Also, you created a small amount (tiny specks) of enchanted elements in the rings.

Magnetic grip = what it sounds like, your grip has a magnetic polarity. Dominant hand is attracting, off-hand is repelling.

clarification: Yes, your alter self succeeded, you now look like a drow. But only for 1 week.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:56 pm

25 , 89 , 86

1-2-3. Graxis gazes upon the visage of Gabradoluk, he was in the presence of true power, he needed to act carefully and think quickly. Even if he didn’t want to summon Gabradoluk he could still make good use of this situation, the simplest answer he could give the Field lord woud be that he desires power, but he would likely be unable to pay up for the consequences “I want the ability to forge the greatest weapons and armors ever, what I offer is continued sacrifices, my war band shall from hence force strive to take prisoners, said prisoners shall be sacrificed to you, unless an odd situation occurs and we require a specific prisoner for the future, in which case we will deliberately go and find you more sacrifices as compensation, the sacrifices remains will be given to either our head necromancer or the butcher, unless meddling with the corpses of sacrifices displeases you, also once we have settled down in an area and established ourselves we shall create a temple dedicated to you and your power, is this a fitting price?” As Graxis speaks he does not look away from the intimidating gaze of Gabradoluk, he is presenting himself as a customer, a patron it would not due to show cowardice in front of his future benefactor. Graxis can already imagine it, blood forged weaponry capable of reducing a city wall to rubble, armor capable of deflecting or even destroying that which attacks it, it would be costly to create but he would be able to do much with the knowledge of fiend forging.

Gabradoluk roars and breathes fire so hot it looks like bluish plasma, straight up with absolutely no warning whatsoever, quite suddenly. He then says, "Enough of these bargaining words. I shall honor your request, but every being you slay with this weapon shall become either a Lemure or a Manes, and shall be under my authority and command. I ask no sacrifices, but I do make this condition, and usage of the weapon I shall give you is conditional to acceptance of this condition."

While you've never seen either of them, from what you've heard, both the Lemure and the Manes are lowest-tier devils that are extremely foul, disgusting, hideous creatures.

Gabradoluk then wrenches a warrior out of a small sack, dragging the dead soul out by its head, he grips it, twists it around, mangling and breaking it as it screams in pain uncontrollably, howling in blind agony as his extremely strong hands crush it into a shape. When it has been twisted and contorted into a blood-oozing one-handed military pick, it ceases to scream or ooze blood as it becomes dark black metal. It's similar enough to a mace or an axe that you can wield it, but you have no formal training in this weapon. It is however, very strong, and it only weighs 1 gram. It is made of some sort of element only produced in the land of death, you're not familiar with the material.

Gabradoluk gives you the weapon, then vanishes in a burst of cold blue flames that throw out a wave of darkness.

Well. That was... frightening. But you did get a good weapon.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Clovis Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:55 pm

26 , 61 , 75

1. We have been here long enough, let’s continue heading towards the shield bridge, and send out some riders to scout the area we are traveling too.

2. Train those who appear proficient with the firearms in their use, to be accurate train them to be able to switch between aiming a deadly kill shot to intercepting a charging enemy, I will not have my riflemen be vulnerable to hand to hand.

3. Train myself to use a war pick, do not use it against my forces but use it against a variety of targets, from training dummies to trees to boulders, find out its strength, get a feel for it.

Clovis

Back to top Go down

Post by redaeth Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:27 am

67 , 99 , 39

1. 2. I first look over the bandit queen for any signs of a way for her to disarm the traps, as she would have not wished to risk setting them off herself. If nothing  else is found I take her armor. I then carefully lay her bones to rest so she may feed new life.

3. If the key or another way was not found I  stay way back, and instruct the golem to pry open each container. It's prodigious strength should be more then enough to do so and it has no flesh for the mold to devour.
redaeth
redaeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandingo Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:37 pm

1: "Mistress, the ritual went awry because I forgot to account for my new form. My sincerest apologies. However, the result may be even more impressive. One of the rings repels all metals, and one attracts. I would like to study these rings further, as they may have magical properties yet unbeknownst to me. Also, may I have permission to explore the city? I would like to get to know my new home."
2: Have Ilus-Jad take me to the defiler temple if Mistress allows us. If she does not, I return to my room and use Shadow Walk to attempt to exit through my window into a shadow in the city. Ilus-Jad will join me via flight. Either way, we are getting to that god damned temple. I put the rings on by the way.
3: Have Ilus-Jad give me a grand tour of the temple and point out anything that may be useful. If it doesn't take too long, I examine the magical elements of the rings further.
[roll = "d100"]3[/roll]
Mandingo
Mandingo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandingo Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:38 pm

36 , 88 , 36

Sorry, I was in Computer Science a lot today. I wrote it very wrong.
Mandingo
Mandingo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Oak Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:19 pm

Dafty, why did I get fucking lobster claws? That makes no sense.
Gary Oak
Gary Oak

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:01 pm

Gary Oak wrote:Dafty, why did I get fucking lobster claws? That makes no sense.

You need them for storyline reasons later. also each 1 of those can wield a kraken-make weapon by itself, thus freeing up more of your limbs to do other stuff.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:03 pm

Mandingo wrote:1: "Mistress, the ritual went awry because I forgot to account for my new form. My sincerest apologies. However, the result may be even more impressive. One of the rings repels all metals, and one attracts. I would like to study these rings further, as they may have magical properties yet unbeknownst to me. Also, may I have permission to explore the city? I would like to get to know my new home."
2: Have Ilus-Jad take me to the defiler temple if Mistress allows us. If she does not, I return to my room and use Shadow Walk to attempt to exit through my window into a shadow in the city. Ilus-Jad will join me via flight. Either way, we are getting to that god damned temple. I put the rings on by the way.
3: Have Ilus-Jad give me a grand tour of the temple and point out anything that may be useful. If it doesn't take too long, I examine the magical elements of the rings further.
[roll = "d100"]3[/roll]

Action 1 will be resolved through dialog between mandingo and glittershine, and do not require rolls. As a result, roll 1 will be added to roll 3 for one combined total to be used on task 3.

Waiting for glittershine and mandingo to resolve this in dialog.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandingo Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:41 pm

Super ready when you are Mistress.
Mandingo
Mandingo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandingo Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:41 pm

Petition to revoke my previous action of asking permission and just get the fuck out Dodge via the window in order to avoid waiting for dialogue. It's been long enough, methinks.
Mandingo
Mandingo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:52 pm

I've been super duper busy with several outings and birthdays and such as that, thats why I haven't been in the chat room or here in a few days. Also been someone sickish and not doing much on the computer to begin with.

Mandingo: You can use your revocation now, but you only get 1 per character, so be sure you're really wanting to use it before you do.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandingo Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:10 pm

I was only gonna revoke because Glittershine seems to have disappeared. I won't waste it then. We'll just wait.
Mandingo
Mandingo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:31 pm

I've been getting swamped by real life over and over lately, and I'm often so tired when I get home that there is no possibility of me doing any hosting. Thats why this has seemingly stopped. I stress "seemingly" only, because when I see glittershine's answer, I'm going forward still.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittershine Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:34 am

Mandingo wrote:I was only gonna revoke because Glittershine seems to have disappeared. I won't waste it then. We'll just wait.
Why the hell wasn't I getting emails about updates. Did I stop watching it by acident?

Glittershine

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittershine Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:38 am

Dafty wrote:
Mandingo wrote:1: "Mistress, the ritual went awry because I forgot to account for my new form. My sincerest apologies. However, the result may be even more impressive. One of the rings repels all metals, and one attracts. I would like to study these rings further, as they may have magical properties yet unbeknownst to me. Also, may I have permission to explore the city? I would like to get to know my new home."
[roll = "d100"]3[/roll]

Action 1 will be resolved through dialog between mandingo and glittershine, and do not require rolls. As a result, roll 1 will be added to roll 3 for one combined total to be used on task 3.

"Explore the city as you like. I have my own matters to attend to for now. I'm sending some guards with you. The underdark is a kind place. Don't want you getting hurt."

1:"1:"Ashvael hold my appointments for today, I need a bit of R&R. While I'm held up try to get a hold of that scouting party I sent out. They've been out for a while and I want to hear what they have found."
2:"Also send out some more scouts looking for a city that has the skills of trade. We've been isolated for so long we need to fix our public appearance. Dear lord have you heard the absurd things they think we do. They think we rape corpses and eat babies."
3:"Also garrison the rest of the troops of the city to start restoring order thought out our city."

[roll = "d100"]3[/roll][/quote]

Glittershine

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandingo Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:41 pm

"As you wish, mistress. Although, I assure you, I am more than capable of taking care of myself."
Ditching the guards is a priority, there's no way that I'm going to let them in on the Defiler party just yet. I establish a meetup location with Ilus-Jad, and tell him to hide around that area. I stop to examine a back alley, making up something about strange magical resonance to fool the guards. Prepare a shadowstep and escape, then meetup with Ilus-Jad. We will then proceed to the temple.
Mandingo
Mandingo

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittershine Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:04 pm

Glittershine wrote:
Dafty wrote:
[roll = "d100"]3[/roll]

"Explore the city as you like. I have my own matters to attend to for now. I'm sending some guards with you. The underdark is a kind place. Don't want you getting hurt."

1:"1:"Ashvael hold my appointments for today, I need a bit of R&R. While I'm held up try to get a hold of that scouting party I sent out. They've been out for a while and I want to hear what they have found."
2:"Also send out some more scouts looking for a city that has the skills of trade. We've been isolated for so long we need to fix our public appearance. Dear lord have you heard the absurd things they think we do. They think we rape corpses and eat babies."
3:"Also garrison the rest of the troops of the city to start restoring order thought out our city."

[roll = "d100"]3[/roll]
[/quote]
Rolling bitches
Glittershine carried out 3 launched of one d100 :
67 , 73 , 76
[/quote]

Glittershine

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:15 pm

Alrighty, I'm back, starting up again.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:27 pm

77 , 100 , 12

1. We have been here long enough, let’s continue heading towards the shield bridge, and send out some riders to scout the area we are traveling too.

2. Train those who appear proficient with the firearms in their use, to be accurate train them to be able to switch between aiming a deadly kill shot to intercepting a charging enemy, I will not have my riflemen be vulnerable to hand to hand.

3. Train myself to use a war pick, do not use it against my forces but use it against a variety of targets, from training dummies to trees to boulders, find out its strength, get a feel for it.

1. Scouts report a ruined castle in the path currently occupied by Arya warriors, deadly human-halfgiant hybrids. They mostly live in polar regions and aren't to common, but supposedly, their rite of kingship is adamantine forging, so the king or highest officers of the king will often have full blown adamantine arms and armor. Scouts speculate that the castle may have been taken by force by these warriors.

2. This is complex and requires more than one training to accomplish, however, your musket users now form up into a line of kneeling shooters backed by a line of standing shooters, firing volleys, one group covering the other group while it reloads.

3. When you accidentally instant-cut a tree down, you killed a squirrel. The body instant-decomposes to ooze, grows to the size of a humanoid, then forms a lemure. It forms a humanoid-body sized lump of putrid looking brown-with-green-streaks ooze, forms a simple head, two multifaceted eyes, and two long upper limbs, as well as a gaunt, long-hanging toothless lower jaw, finally forming two lower limbs, neither the upper nor lower limbs end in digits, so it doesn't really have hands and feet per-se. The creature leaves.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:36 pm

58 , 51 , 92

1. 2. I first look over the bandit queen for any signs of a way for her to disarm the traps, as she would have not wished to risk setting them off herself. If nothing  else is found I take her armor.  I then carefully lay her bones to rest so she may feed new life.

3. If the key or another way was not found I  stay way back, and instruct the golem to pry open each container. It's prodigious strength should be more then enough to do so and it has no flesh for the mold to devour.

After removing the armor and taking the body, a click is heard. For one frightening moment of intense fear you and yours are thinking 'oh god we're dead we're dead we are soooooo dead', then the throne opens and becomes a doorway leading to a stairway upward.

No key was found, but with the new passage, you can use the golem to safely open the traps. It is inundated by russet mold, but reveals all the items safely. It then destroys itself by crashing into a wall, which is a standard response a golem has to its control being usurped. Possibly a reaction to getting overwhelmed by mold.

>1500 gold
>1200 copper
>4 non-magical rubies
>2 non-magical saphires
>1 Glitz's fabulous golden polish
>1 ancient document

Glitz's fabulous golden polish is a sealed can with instructions written on it in common. The following is found written on the can, not the document.

"Need to add some sheen? Need that extra hint of goldtone in a metal? Need something light reflective? Use Glitz's Fabulous golden polish. Its quick, easy, and saves you a tonne of coin. Simply apply the polish to a rag and then shine and clean the object normally." At the end of the instructions is a picture of a gnome with a name scroll under it, "Glitz". Below that it reads, "Product of gnomes. Magical."

You need translation spells to read the document, though it is not an evil language.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:52 pm

GLITTERSHINE

RESPONSE (because this quoting thing annoys me at times)
1. Scouts report five locations of interest; A Tarquitani ruin from before the drow wars, when all elves were simply high elves, a desolate heath covered in cairn graves, a spent (they believe) mine that might do well as a forward command post to assert authority in the surface world, and the forests of Laurolath and Brananmor, which you know of through your long life and high level of lore knowledge. Both are mostly good aligned locations, but it is what the drow scouts tell you that is worrisome. Both forests are much larger than they should by right and natural growth be, they are encroaching everything around them heavily. For two huge forests to do that at the same time can only mean one thing. The prophecy of the door of night is coming true. If this is the case, it means the fallen, nameless god who became evil has either been released from his semi-eternal imprisonment, or that he has broken out. In either case, it means the end of the world approaches. If you weren't as intelligent and reasonable as you are this would have worried you a lot more, but its worrisome as it stands.

2. Scouts don't locate a city, but they do locate a group of troll smiths making savage weapons of extreme ferocity. Because the scouts are drow, and are searching for a city, they have one among them who speaks several languages, business transaction is possible, though trolls, being fast-action-regenerators, don't make anything but savage weapons of extreme ferocity, and occasionally more common wares like pots, pans, hammers, horseshoes, etc. Point is, they never make armor and consider it an insult to wear armor.

3. Restoration of order is a fairly simple process, because the city is heavily depopulated. People who wanted to resist are all already dead, and most everyone else left. Its more a problem of 'how do we keep the city running with so few people'.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:58 pm

Mandingo wrote:"As you wish, mistress. Although, I assure you, I am more than capable of taking care of myself."
Ditching the guards is a priority, there's no way that I'm going to let them in on the Defiler party just yet. I establish a meetup location with Ilus-Jad, and tell him to hide around that area. I stop to examine a back alley, making up something about strange magical resonance to fool the guards. Prepare a shadowstep and escape, then meetup with Ilus-Jad. We will then proceed to the temple.

Unfortunately you goofed rather badly, and when you used shadowstep, you used it close to a piece of the temple that reacted. As it has developed, the temple was torn apart and used to build portions of the city.

Floating in a "room" made entirely of floating asteroidial blobs of matter is... an experience. Several blobs of rock have inscriptions, and there are large areas of floor wall and ceiling floating around.

Illus-jad enters the correct way, and appears as his old self, a human warrior with defiler-make weaponry and armor, known for its extremely graphic engravings that cover most of it. A moment later he looks to the drow-naga. "I'm not certain how you got here, but is lucky that you did, if you had gone somewhere else I wouldn't have been able to find you or get you out. You're standing in the temple's memory. Time doesn't pass here, but since the library was destroyed, all there is to do is read what few inscriptions survive."

Ilus-jad translates the inscriptions and makes you recite them several times. You learned Ritual Language: Defiler (level: basic).

You didn't learn any actual spells, but you now know enough of the ritual language that its possible to read some of the surviving inscriptions yourself, so you could learn it.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittershine Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:13 pm

Dafty wrote:GLITTERSHINE

RESPONSE (because this quoting thing annoys me at times)
1. Scouts report five locations of interest; A Tarquitani ruin from before the drow wars, when all elves were simply high elves, a desolate heath covered in cairn graves, a spent (they believe) mine that might do well as a forward command post to assert authority in the surface world, and the forests of Laurolath and Brananmor, which you know of through your long life and high level of lore knowledge. Both are mostly good aligned locations, but it is what the drow scouts tell you that is worrisome. Both forests are much larger than they should by right and natural growth be, they are encroaching everything around them heavily. For two huge forests to do that at the same time can only mean one thing. The prophecy of the door of night is coming true. If this is the case, it means the fallen, nameless god who became evil has either been released from his semi-eternal imprisonment, or that he has broken out. In either case, it means the end of the world approaches. If you weren't as intelligent and reasonable as you are this would have worried you a lot more, but its worrisome as it stands.

2. Scouts don't locate a city, but they do locate a group of troll smiths making savage weapons of extreme ferocity. Because the scouts are drow, and are searching for a city, they have one among them who speaks several languages, business transaction is possible, though trolls, being fast-action-regenerators, don't make anything but savage weapons of extreme ferocity, and occasionally more common wares like pots, pans, hammers, horseshoes, etc. Point is, they never make armor and consider it an insult to wear armor.

3. Restoration of order is a fairly simple process, because the city is heavily depopulated. People who wanted to resist are all already dead, and most everyone else left. Its more a problem of 'how do we keep the city running with so few people'.

1:"Fucking shit. Looks like it's an end of the world. Well, might as well enjoy the short while we got left and hope some bullshit solves the problem." At this point most in her audience chambers would realize Cicilian is far to drunk to care about any of this. "Whatever, Ash go send some guards out looking for other drow. I doubt we are the only city that was fucked up because of the gods leaving. Find them and bring them here. Got build up our people's numbers if we want to survive."

2:"Also get my wizards together to disguise a scouting party as high elves so we can warn our surface brothers bout the prophecy. See if any of them can fix the problem. I'd rather live a race traitor then die an Honorable bigot."

3:"Oh and send some diplomats to the trolls. Tell them we can house them for a bit if they need a place to stay. They'd be useful defending the city. But make sure we got some wild fire or dragon's breath ready if they freak out and attack"

95 , 46 , 26
[/quote]

Glittershine

Back to top Go down

Post by redaeth Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:22 pm

74 , 68 , 57

1. Time to head home, the Bandit Queen did not have the Gong, though she might have left us a clue.

2. At home, the humans sealed away in their church have been left alone, the village and all the surrounding area has been returned to the forest. It is time to introduce a way for them to survive. Send an elf, one versed in speechcraft and tell them that they may live here still. But if they do so they must no longer be a blight upon the land. Mankind will learn to live with nature, or not at all. No longer will they hunt to extinction and destroy forests.

They can be given time to learn to do so and we will be glad to help them do so quickly and learn to be happy.

3. Make several copies of the ancient documents so age will not destroy the knowledge written upon it then begin working on translating them. Perhaps one of the occupants of the Black Wood is versed in translation magic.
redaeth
redaeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Clovis Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:17 pm

15 , 83 , 81

1. Make camp away from the ruined castle and begin planning how to recruit the Arya into our forces, Graxis is thinking of playing off of how they used to control the world, stir up their pride, make them want the world again and most importantly make them believe that Graxis could give it to them.

2. Continue to train the firing squads to have a more versatile yet effective fighting style.

3. Continue to train with the Warpick, my fighting style must be brutally efficient and it must demonstrate my physical superiority over my opponents, to observe me on the battle field must crush the moral of my enemies, any less and I shall be dissatisfied.

Clovis

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandingo Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:24 pm

53 , 81 , 22

Why on earth would i leave this godgiven gold mine? I desire nothing more than to stay here until I've read every possible inscription.
1+2+3: Research the defiler scripts. Be careful of traps and magical objects, of course, but I'm willing to take risks for the sake of knowledge, the ultimate currency.
Mandingo
Mandingo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Oak Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:37 pm

46 , 25 , 59
OH~! I'll go to the knife ears lands and ask them for directions! These guise are land knife ears and all the land people I've met are very nice to me so I'm sure these guise will be great. Maybe I can offer to help them with something or offer them stuff from my hoard if they help me get back. I'll take some gnolls who want to come with me back to my lair and they can help me make my castles~!
Gary Oak
Gary Oak

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:20 pm

GLITTERSHINE

1:"Fucking shit. Looks like it's an end of the world. Well, might as well enjoy the short while we got left and hope some bullshit solves the problem." At this point most in her audience chambers would realize Cicilian is far to drunk to care about any of this. "Whatever, Ash go send some guards out looking for other drow. I doubt we are the only city that was fucked up because of the gods leaving. Find them and bring them here. Got build up our people's numbers if we want to survive."

2:"Also get my wizards together to disguise a scouting party as high elves so we can warn our surface brothers bout the prophecy. See if any of them can fix the problem. I'd rather live a race traitor then die an Honorable bigot."

3:"Oh and send some diplomats to the trolls. Tell them we can house them for a bit if they need a place to stay. They'd be useful defending the city. But make sure we got some wild fire or dragon's breath ready if they freak out and attack"

RESPONSE
1. Hearing that law and order has been restored, some people return to see if their homes are intact, most are townspeople, relatively few are already armed or armored. The town gained a glass-blower and workshop, a pair of butchers and their workshop, a garment weaver and her workshop, and finally, a jewelsmith who isn't a drow named Dubdonh. He looks similar to a drow, but he's rather more dashing for some reason. His adventure class, if he has one, isn't clear. He MAY be a tiefling, there is definitely magic about him.

2. After the wizards miraculous experience of being returned to their previous high elf state by doing this deed, a message returns to you, inscribed on a golden arrow. The wizards left your force, owing to their being uncursed and having an alignment-change. The message says in three languages, "The end is not yet on us, the well of ice has yet cold in it, the mountains of slavery are not rebuilt."

Well of ice - a blue mana source location in the far north, said to unfreeze when the end of time approaches. Supposedly it leads down to the land of the dead, and the ice is what keeps them (mostly) down there.
Mountains of slavery - A humongous castle-fort made from seven entire artificial mountains reared by slave labor. It was the evil nameless god's abode in ancient times, but it was destroyed when Fafnir the terrifying, the mightiest dragon who ever lived, erupted out of the main mountain, causing large sections to collapse with no warning.

3. The diplomats are unable to get the trolls to uproot. However they bring back a free sampling of the troll foundries work, 3 savage sawtooth daggers, a single mace of extremely numerous points (62 total points), and a scourge of the thorns, which is a whip that changes to sawtooth while it is impacting a target, then resumes normal whip-status. Finally, they have a small seal made of bronze. It is a copy of the great seal of Cirith Tathgor, an ancient underground foundry supposedly made by demons. The diplomats tell you that the seven trolls are of extreme skill, and if anything, the weaponry they were given as a sample of the trolls work is all probably old news to the trolls as far as skill goes.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:33 pm

REDAETH
1. Time to head home, the Bandit Queen did not have the Gong, though she might have left us a clue.

2. At home, the humans sealed away in their church have been left alone, the village and all the surrounding area has been returned to the forest. It is time to introduce a way for them to survive. Send an elf, one versed in speechcraft and tell them that they may live here still. But if they do so they must no longer be a blight upon the land. Mankind will learn to live with nature, or not at all. No longer will they hunt to extinction and destroy forests.

They can be given time to learn to do so and we will be glad to help them do so quickly and learn to be happy.

3. Make several copies of the ancient documents so age will not destroy the knowledge written upon it then begin working on translating them. Perhaps one of the occupants of the Black Wood is versed in translation magic.

RESPONSE
1. On your way home you are attacked by a lemure. The mindless, revolting and frankly weak creature is easily killed by you and your ladies in waiting. However, lemure are mindless, which means they never use magic, so it was either summoned, or, created in the surface world by some means. Its putrid body smokes and bursts into stinking flames before the ladies in waiting destroy it with magic. It seems to have just walked up out of no-where, and that hardly makes sense for such a creature. You make it safely home.

2. Exhausted, terrified, and hungry, the humans agree to the elfs message. They don't like it, but they agree to it out of the political necessities of living or dying.

3. The copies are translated, it reads as follows.

"Where knocks the golden thrush upon the heath in durinheim, where sun and moon meet and dance, find there the keyhole to my destiny. I that was and am no more remember your struggle, though we might only meet in a dream."

This is a puzzling message. For one thing the bandit queen's "destiny" is an oblique reference to some sort of treasure, you know this because you know enough lore of the world to know. Durinheim was the ancient surface-kingdom of dwarves, it was a known power on the world stage in the bandit queen's time, unfortunately it was destroyed not long after her time, and its actual location is unknown. The reference that saves this from being a complete and baffling failure to you is the golden thrush. There are only a few places in the world where golden thrush live, and one of them, Amon Anar, "high hill of awe" is the only location they live in that sees eclipses.

Amon Anar is a long way away though, to the south.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:43 pm

CLOVIS
1. Make camp away from the ruined castle and begin planning how to recruit the Arya into our forces, Graxis is thinking of playing off of how they used to control the world, stir up their pride, make them want the world again and most importantly make them believe that Graxis could give it to them.

2. Continue to train the firing squads to have a more versatile yet effective fighting style.

3. Continue to train with the Warpick, my fighting style must be brutally efficient and it must demonstrate my physical superiority over my opponents, to observe me on the battle field must crush the moral of my enemies, any less and I shall be dissatisfied.

RESPONSE
1. The Arya laugh at you and tell you your force is pitiful. They say they have thousands of warriors marching south as we speak, and that they are being lead by the extremely dreaded Gurgeisach the devastator. This is equal in your mind to being told something like atilla the hun or genghis khan is heading in your direction. Their leader (who isn't gurgeisach), a humongous man wielding two normally-two-handed adamant-studded warhammers, tells you to choose between either swearing fealty to gurgeisach, or, marching directly south-east and out of these lands, unharmed if you choose marching. South-east would lead to Strarrow bridge, another bridge of the sword river. Its possible the arya don't know about the shield bridge, or don't consider it worth mentioning for some reason.

2. The training produces 2 snipers and increases general skill in the group one more time before it absolutely must stop, officers informing you that you are running low on gunpowder.

3. You have reached journeyman with warpick. You can only advance in skill by actually fighting now, or by using a sandbag warpick on sandbag armed attackers.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:49 pm

MANDINGO
1+2+3: Research the defiler scripts. Be careful of traps and magical objects, of course, but I'm willing to take risks for the sake of knowledge, the ultimate currency.

RESPONSE
1-2-3: You catch a glimpse of the primal chaos Yakshaboth. You went raving mad. When you awoke without ilus jad, you're sitting in a jungle near a large rock with ancient defiler script on it. Your encounter made you grow a third eye on your forehead. It can look for visual purposes, but there is something magical about it. For a moment you believe you're possibly on another planet or in another world, but then you see something familiar, one of the giant stone nagas of Naganapur. It instantly flashes back to you; you were teleported thousands of miles halfway across the world and to another continent. You can't remember what Yakshaboth was like and don't want to. If king Jain still rules you may be in for a bit of an issue, as your specific kind of Naga was cast out of Naganapur a long time ago for various reasons, mostly because King Jain and his familial line didn't approve of the magic your type used.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:54 pm

ASHKUN
OH~! I'll go to the knife ears lands and ask them for directions! These guise are land knife ears and all the land people I've met are very nice to me so I'm sure these guise will be great. Maybe I can offer to help them with something or offer them stuff from my hoard if they help me get back. I'll take some gnolls who want to come with me back to my lair and they can help me make my castles~!

RESPONSE
On your way to that land, you located lake Gyle, a huge inland sea which connects to the underdark, as well as being fed by a few rivers, the river of Mud, the river Mabioga, and the river Rust-root. The river of mud leads towards a volcano field, the river Mabioga leads toward the land of the gnomes, and the river rust-root eventually leads to the forest Redaeth lives in. The lake is big enough that it changes your travel plan, you need to decide whether to swim through or go around, or to travel to underdark or up one of the rivers.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittershine Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:12 am

Dafty wrote:GLITTERSHINE

RESPONSE
1. Hearing that law and order has been restored, some people return to see if their homes are intact, most are townspeople, relatively few are already armed or armored. The town gained a glass-blower and workshop, a pair of butchers and their workshop, a garment weaver and her workshop, and finally, a jewelsmith who isn't a drow named Dubdonh. He looks similar to a drow, but he's rather more dashing for some reason. His adventure class, if he has one, isn't clear. He MAY be a tiefling, there is definitely magic about him.

2. After the wizards miraculous experience of being returned to their previous high elf state by doing this deed, a message returns to you, inscribed on a golden arrow. The wizards left your force, owing to their being uncursed and having an alignment-change. The message says in three languages, "The end is not yet on us, the well of ice has yet cold in it, the mountains of slavery are not rebuilt."

Well of ice - a blue mana source location in the far north, said to unfreeze when the end of time approaches. Supposedly it leads down to the land of the dead, and the ice is what keeps them (mostly) down there.
Mountains of slavery - A humongous castle-fort made from seven entire artificial mountains reared by slave labor. It was the evil nameless god's abode in ancient times, but it was destroyed when Fafnir the terrifying, the mightiest dragon who ever lived, erupted out of the main mountain, causing large sections to collapse with no warning.

3. The diplomats are unable to get the trolls to uproot. However they bring back a free sampling of the troll foundries work, 3 savage sawtooth daggers, a single mace of extremely numerous points (62 total points), and a scourge of the thorns, which is a whip that changes to sawtooth while it is impacting a target, then resumes normal whip-status. Finally, they have a small seal made of bronze. It is a copy of the great seal of Cirith Tathgor, an ancient underground foundry supposedly made by demons. The diplomats tell you that the seven trolls are of extreme skill, and if anything, the weaponry they were given as a sample of the trolls work is all probably old news to the trolls as far as skill goes.

1:"Fuck I told them to just use illusions. Great now I just lost some wizards. Fan-fucking-tastic. Send for that Dubdohn. I want to discuss something's with him"
2:"Also go find some animals to capture. Most of our lizards were lost during the war so we need something for our soldiers to ride on"
3:"Also go get me something yo forget about my problems. Beer, weed, cat piss, heroine, whatever. Just get it quick before I start shooting people."

31 , 85 , 91

Glittershine

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Oak Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:22 am

53 , 62 , 75
1-3; The Underdark is scaaaarrryyy~! I think I'll just swim through the lake and continue on to the little pointy ears. They probably know the quickest way to the ocean since their kind also lives in the ocean!
Gary Oak
Gary Oak

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum