NationAdv
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Saga; The fall of the heros of elgyria - "Critics r8 8/8, m8 "

+9
Glittershine
Druza
Gary Oak
zoxzix
Bazrael
Dingus
Luchuirps
Titus1
White Death
13 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Monster Saga; The fall of the heros of elgyria - "Critics r8 8/8, m8 " - Page 8 Empty Re: Monster Saga; The fall of the heros of elgyria - "Critics r8 8/8, m8 "

Post by Dafty Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:31 pm

DRUZA
Action 1: Recruit the ogres and attack the dorfs
Action 2: Fix the house
Action 3: Start cutting some forestry down

RESPONSE
1. The ogres attack with your combined force of goblins orcs and orogs. The Ogres battle with heinous brutality, their "weapons" such as they are, are simply huge carefully chipped boulders which they smash and crash with, then throw hard, stomping and kicking anyone who is underfoot. While every unit took casualties, ultimately the dorfs were forced to retreat, detonating the passage afterward, escaping through an underground route to an uncertain destination. Enraged, your men go on an orgy of killing. Ogres bite POWs in half, throw them against the ground, and stomp them as hard as they can, while orogs and orcs and goblins flay people and make them into rations. It is a massacre, and news of it spreads.

2. You find a stone quarry not far from the deserted village. In a short amount of time you have a enclosed series of 1 room buildings which makes a primitive fort.

3. Your work crew encountered a treant. You lost about half of them, but still brought back a sizable portion of wood, sticks, thatch, clay, and a small herd of pigs.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Monster Saga; The fall of the heros of elgyria - "Critics r8 8/8, m8 " - Page 8 Empty Re: Monster Saga; The fall of the heros of elgyria - "Critics r8 8/8, m8 "

Post by Dafty Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:41 pm

REDAETH
1. 3. Plead not guilty

I have not used the mana to empower myself, only to grow the forests faster then they would normally. I shall continue to use it to reverse millennia of damage and abuse and that will take power. A great deal of power.

My followers do not worship me, they believe in my cause and follow for that reason. I have gathered them under that banner and for no other reason.

I have raised no temples in my name, nor do priestesses shout my praises to the heavens. I have not asked my followers to stop worshiping the gods and goddesses they do and will not ask such.

I might not worship Lolorori myself but I love her for what she has wrought, she is responsible for much of the beauty in this world. I would never seek to usurp her.

I do not wish godhood, and swear on my soul that is so. I am happy as a Nymph and would not change that.

RESPONSE

The gods review your actions. During this time, you are held in the timeless room, a sub-dimension. At the end you are given a choice. Become an acknowledged paladin of Lolorori, or renounce your powers and become a human mortal, retaining all class levels and magic usages therefrom. "This, is my doom upon you, and with it, the matter is closed. My judgement is absolute and final." The god Palagus intones, the huge deity (size of a constellation or bigger) wearing a jurists attire. "What will you do?" Several other deities appear, each the size of a constellation, to form an enormous 'skyline' of gods and goddesses. Among them are the wise and elderly god Lolorimsin, a god of prophecy, Aphosam the terrifying, faceless god of death, and Oloni, the beautiful but distant goddess of the moon. They wait for your word, ready to acknowledge you as a paladin if you accept this, or to remove your powers if you don't.

Palagus or Aphosam could smite the living shit out of you if you tried anything kooky. So don't.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:44 pm

ASHKUN
1-3; I guess I should hide these somewhere... I wonder if there's a way to get back to my castle from here? I'll search around this coral place for some way, I'm sure there HAS to be a waay~! Lucky I found those pearls too!

RESPONSE
A maelstrom elemental, the biggest elemental you've ever seen (size of a hurricane or bigger), picks you up by passing overhead by chance, and, whirling you around until your unconscious, carries you a great distance.

....you wake up quite near your old castle, so near to it that you can see it in the distance not to far away.

....was it all a dream?

You're laying on a big half-underwater sandbar.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:49 pm

MANDINGO
Retired old character, created new character Goth the tiefling witch-doctor.

RESPONSE
You awake in the swamp near nightfall of the third and final day, having successfully changed the poison of specterdom into a potion of the far realms inside your body by the various drugs you took. You are laying on the ritual pyre, your chosen second, also a tiefling, holding a torch and maintaining the vigil. You are no longer simply a tiefling, but now a witch doctor, connected to decay, horror, terror, and spirits. But not in the same way a necromancer is. Your magic 'feels' a bit more like what a druid must feel like. You don't feel the unnatural pull towards the land of the dead that eventually maddens most necromancers, and you don't feel the chill finger of death over your heart like a necromancer normally does.

Your house is not far. You have been unconscious but attired on the pyre for the last three days.

You may give your chosen second a name and gender, but they are a tiefling like you. Your chosen second is ritually answerable to you now, for life, since you successfully made the change. Few people make the change, most die on the second or third day.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittershine Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:08 pm

1:"Not to question your judgement My Liege but are you sure about releasing the dark one? From what I've read he's not keen on leaving anyone alive, and if your plan was to just kill everything I doubt you'd leave me in charge of the Underdark. So if you don't mind me asking why would you free him?"

2:After that conversation Cicilian pulls out the dagger but leaves the book hidden. "Also my queen, while I was going through my archives for information on the dark one one of my trusted higherlings came across this sacrificial knife. Would you happen to have any information on it?"

3:After that is done Cicilian returns to the underdark. Once there she has her minions go around looking for the materials required to summon a messenger. She doubts bringing a demon god in without asking would end well.

Glittershine carried out 3 launched of one d100 :
40 , 68 , 90
[/quote]

Glittershine

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandingo Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:23 pm

Chosen second, a teenaged girl who I named Rogi'm after I claimed her as payment for healing her infantile sickness. I was planning on using her as ingredients after she had grown but she showed quite the interest in my art, so I kept her around, and she eventually became my second, my daughter, and really the only other person that I can stomach.

1: I return to my house and command my second to gather the necessities for a long journey with no foreseeable end; My reagents pouches, two bedrolls, food and drink, a weapon for her (I refuse to sully my hands with melee combat) and various other sundries that she deems necessary.

2-3: Experiment in the kitchen!! Attempt to cook up some potions for the road, if I am thusly capable. Whatever I am capable of producing that might be deemed useful in the future shall be brewed and packed.
If I am not that kind of witch doctor, then I shall simply assist my second in packing and then spend a final day enjoying my house before I leave to restore my swamp to its former glory.

Mandingo carried out 3 launched of one d100 :
8 , 48 , 70
Mandingo
Mandingo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandingo Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:37 pm

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY HAPPEN
HOW COULD SHE MESS UP PACKING
WHY RNG
Mandingo
Mandingo

Back to top Go down

Post by redaeth Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:16 pm

Dafty I'm pretty sure you cannot force someone who doesn't worship a god into being a paladin of that god. Paladin's generally need to have faith.

Also the outcome of the trial doesn't make much sense. If I am not guilty of trying to become a god, why I am I being punished? If I am guilty why am I being made into her Paladin of the goddess when the charge is trying to depose her?

Finally aren't the gods taking a hands off approach to the world? Why are they interfering?

I mean the entire premise of the game is that they are letting monsters run amok.

Dafty wrote:Essentially an in brief without 50 thousand paragraphs of lore that we'll only use once; there are way, way to many mortal race people in the world. Way to many. On top of that, way to many super strong (level 80 or above) heros have appeared in all the races. So, as a test, the Gods of Elgyria have decided to back off and see how strong mortals really are. They still answer prayers and send mortals magic, but they aren't flitting about the mortal realm physically-there doing stuff.

This entire scenario seems kinda dickish. Suddenly the gods come from on high to punish thee!
redaeth
redaeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:39 pm

REDAETH
The scenario doesn't have the outcome you're expecting. Something that makes sense in the setting happens either way. When I said don't try anything kooky, I was saying don't try to fight your way out.

Hint: You get out either way.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by redaeth Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:17 am

Well, since I don't wish to become human, and I can't in good conscious become a Paladin of a god I do not worship I don't really see a way for me to proceed.
redaeth
redaeth

Back to top Go down

Post by redaeth Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:21 am

redaeth carried out 3 launched of one d100 :
54 , 61 , 74

"I am innocent of the charges you accused me of. What Justice is there in punishing me? I refuse to accept either choice. Strike me down for this farce of a trial if you must, but my fellows shall continue furthering my vision. "
redaeth
redaeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Oak Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:15 pm

Dafty dat 1, you better not be trying to trick me
Gary Oak
Gary Oak
King of the Motherfucking Hill

https://nationcivrun.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Druza Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:33 am

Druza carried out 3 launched of one d100 :
72 , 56 , 80
Action 1: Hunt down the dwarfs somehow and also grab their equipment
Action 2: Find more monsters to recruit to my cause
Action 3: See if i can make a prisoner transform horribly into a pig/whatever they are
Druza
Druza

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Oak Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:39 am

Druza, why did you post twice when I only see one post here?
Gary Oak
Gary Oak

Back to top Go down

Post by Druza Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:47 am

Because i deleted my failed roll tries and shit
Druza
Druza

Back to top Go down

Post by Clovis Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:16 pm

Bonuses
Chief - Social status. This is marked by tattoos on a bugbear's arms, and is obvious to any bugbear who looks.
Warlord - You are roughly level 5 fighter already.

Clovis carried out 3 launched of one d100 :
49 , 79 , 34

1. “Thank you for your advice, Mighty Thugrus, I will begin preparing myself immediately.” Graxis will go to collect his warpick from his former cell, a simple weapon of lemure creation, Graxis sneers, Garbradoluk is a fool to have only offered me his standard deal, he is blind to my great potential.

2. After collecting his Warpick Graxis remembers what Thugrus said about the demon bane and his ivory weapon, and while Graxis doesn't consider himself evil, the ivory may think differently. Graxis will clear out the spiders carefully, rather than charge in and overwhelm them he will methodically and systematically wipe them out, he will attempt to kill all of them without receiving a single wound. His Training has begun.

3. Idly Graxis ponders the duality of good and evil, what is it that defines “good” and “evil”? Is Graxis evil simply because he is a bugbear? Is he evil for aspiring to create an empire?
Does that make other empires creations of evil? Or is it that, Graxis’s tactics define him as evil? Would he be considered “good” if he worshiped a proper god?
Perhaps the ideology of “good” and “evil” are simply constructs of man, and thus the ivory doesn’t so much react to evil as it reacts to certain conditions that the target would have, Graxis has struck a deal with Gabradoluk and slain others so he would be considered “evil”, but would a soldier in an army be considered evil or a general?
This is definitely a train of thought that needs to be explored later, but for now Graxis needs to focus on clearing out the spiders and his training.

Stats: http://pastebin.com/vSXuLTqd

Clovis

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:38 pm

Was that everyone? Feels like someone's missing.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Oak Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:26 pm

I haven't posted yet.
Gary Oak
Gary Oak

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandingo Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:48 pm

Then
Mandingo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:13 pm

paging dr oak, paging dr oak, please report to the posting text-box.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:42 pm

Alright, I'm updating. I've waited as long as I'm going to.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:56 pm

CLOVIS
1. “Thank you for your advice, Mighty Thugrus, I will begin preparing myself immediately.” Graxis will go to collect his warpick from his former cell, a simple weapon of lemure creation, Graxis sneers, Garbradoluk is a fool to have only offered me his standard deal, he is blind to my great potential.

2. After collecting his Warpick Graxis remembers what Thugrus said about the demon bane and his ivory weapon, and while Graxis doesn't consider himself evil, the ivory may think differently. Graxis will clear out the spiders carefully, rather than charge in and overwhelm them he will methodically and systematically wipe them out, he will attempt to kill all of them without receiving a single wound. His Training has begun.

3. Idly Graxis ponders the duality of good and evil, what is it that defines “good” and “evil”? Is Graxis evil simply because he is a bugbear? Is he evil for aspiring to create an empire?

Does that make other empires creations of evil? Or is it that, Graxis’s tactics define him as evil? Would he be considered “good” if he worshiped a proper god?
Perhaps the ideology of “good” and “evil” are simply constructs of man, and thus the ivory doesn’t so much react to evil as it reacts to certain conditions that the target would have, Graxis has struck a deal with Gabradoluk and slain others so he would be considered “evil”, but would a soldier in an army be considered evil or a general?

This is definitely a train of thought that needs to be explored later, but for now Graxis needs to focus on clearing out the spiders and his training.

RESPONSE
1-3. That night you have a strange dream. In the dream, you find yourself standing in the land of the dead in some location you aren't familiar with, burning lava in one area, a waterfall of tears and ice falling nearby too. There, 8 HUMONGOUS demons, way, waaaay bigger than Thurgus the dragon, converse in a hideous, brutal language you don't understand. The creatures are so immensely huge that they could crush you for instant-death with their smallest fingers. The impression you get is that what you are seeing is real, and that gabradoluk may be way, waaaay more powerful and huge than you originally thought. Cydarax, the prince of monstrous humanoids, watches over your actions during this time, a looming fearful darkness of evil and aggression oozing from the creature as a smokey dark substance, Cydarax having traits of a; goblin, orc, ettin, fomorian, drider, mind flayer, gnoll, crab-man, and scorpion man. The horribly deformed being doesn't say anything, but gives off a fearful emanation that makes your hair (all of it) stand on end in the terror of fearing to make even one mistake. In the distance, a demon so large its wings make all the wind in the land of the dead, spews lava, icy slush, and boiling fire at seemingly random from several faces at once as it struggles to wrench itself free of the landscape.

2. While this goes somewhat to plan, you are able to see how effective in battle the lemures are; not very. Nevertheless, the grotesque, blood sweating blobs of twisted rotting tissues have enough power that they slaughter and eat some of the spiders. It gets ugly for a moment for you when your foot gets caught up in a spiders webbing and you suffer two painful bites, one on your shoulder, one on your chest. Fortunately, the one on your chest only partly penetrated your armor. Both the bites leave permanent scars, but you're resistant to poison anyway, so you don't actually get poisoned.

Several lemures now wander the cave freely.

You may harvest the spiders bodies at the cost of 1 action and 1 roll if you wish to, Thurgus informing you of this via a spell of telepathy.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:41 pm

DRUZA
Action 1: Hunt down the dwarfs somehow and also grab their equipment
Action 2: Find more monsters to recruit to my cause
Action 3: See if i can make a prisoner transform horribly into a pig/whatever they are

RESPONSE
1. Confrontation; Thrain Throringling, son of Oin, challenges your leader to a 1 on 1 fight. Thrain is a level ?? dwarf fighter with a oaken copper-banded shield, a mace that is magic in some way, a horned helm, steel leggings, bronze boots, bronze gauntlets, and steel halfplate. The terms of the battle are; it is to be 1 on 1, he and his people travel freely away if he wins.

2. Your forces searching brings forth a single manticore, the awesome looking being having a scorpion's tale, two bird like wings, a tigers body, and a woman with long hair's head. She tells you flat out she won't serve you unless you win against the challenging dwarf. Manticore are known to be ultra-powerful spellcasters, angering her is probably not a good idea. But they also ALWAYS keep their word no matter what, so if you can beat the dwarf, you have her.

3. Your experimental actions unintentionally create the very first Thrull, mindless, scar covered beings that exist only to be a living sacrifice to power spells. The problem is; you aren't sure exactly how you did that. You need to study it more.

Fighting the dwarf hero will be decided in a single round, and will cost all 3 actions. However, the manticore waits for the outcome, so you can spend the turn doing that and then still get the manticore and continue on.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:50 pm

REDAETH
"I am innocent of the charges you accused me of. What Justice is there in punishing me? I refuse to accept either choice. Strike me down for this farce of a trial if you must, but my fellows shall continue furthering my vision. "

RESPONSE
The gods and goddesses speak their language, Vaylenvaro. You understand a few words here and there but the gist of what is said is lost on you. They then all vanish except three, Ruthcanom, the god of time, Lolorori the goddess of nature, and the supremely hugely massively powerful Kathariami, one of the goddesses who made the universe along with her husband's help, Uthosam, who is not present.

Lolorori explains in detail that a time of changing is coming, and that she will be retiring to another world to be the nature goddess there. This whole experience was a test of your strength of character, and it has been decided that when the right time comes, centuries in the future, you will be called to the floating lands to be the next nature goddess. Ruthcanom and Kathariami change the flow of space and time. This aspect of your fate is now locked.

But still a loooooong way in the future.

ZOOP!

You're back with Laurolyn in the Crystal palace, where things have noticibly relaxed now that formal decisions have been made. The palace is no longer a semi-hostile location and you are no longer under guard.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:58 pm

MANDINGO
1: I return to my house and command my second to gather the necessities for a long journey with no foreseeable end; My reagents pouches, two bedrolls, food and drink, a weapon for her (I refuse to sully my hands with melee combat) and various other sundries that she deems necessary.

2-3: Experiment in the kitchen!! Attempt to cook up some potions for the road, if I am thusly capable. Whatever I am capable of producing that might be deemed useful in the future shall be brewed and packed.

RESPONSE
1. Surprise! A group of red-caps, hideous goblins who's reddish forehead seeps deadly poison in big sweat drops, was caught breaking into your home and stealing a bunch of stuff. You only got the bare BARE necessities, but you did get all the necessities, if a little light on the food and cross-bow ammo department.

2-3: You found that the red-caps didn't understand what the toad flask was, so you got a flask of toad dust, the grains instantly becoming big toad when a pinch of them is thrown from the flask. 1 grain = 1 toad. As for potions, you were able to make a potion of sleep, a potion-bomb of stinking cloud, 2 potions of minor healing, and you found that your shrunken head, a mummified skull which has had all the hair made into a rope-grip, is intact, since they dropped it on the way out. Unfortunately you haven't used this shrunken head in a long time and you don't really remember what it does.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:09 pm

GLITTERSHINE
1:"Not to question your judgement My Liege but are you sure about releasing the dark one? From what I've read he's not keen on leaving anyone alive, and if your plan was to just kill everything I doubt you'd leave me in charge of the Underdark. So if you don't mind me asking why would you free him?"

2:After that conversation Cicilian pulls out the dagger but leaves the book hidden. "Also my queen, while I was going through my archives for information on the dark one one of my trusted higherlings came across this sacrificial knife. Would you happen to have any information on it?"

3:After that is done Cicilian returns to the underdark. Once there she has her minions go around looking for the materials required to summon a messenger. She doubts bringing a demon god in without asking would end well.

RESPONSE
1. "I'm keen on releasing him because when he's free the gods can be kept busy with him instead of with me." The lich explains casually.

2. "I see." The lich looks at the knife for a long moment before she answers. "It is a knife of Zhor the handless. Few still exist and I'm not sure what it does. You will find the person who owned it and question them very thoroughly. Do not hesitate to skin them alive and rip their soul out. This is my command to you."

Zhor the handless is known to you, faintly. A historical figure from a remote period. He is said to have come from another plane, or perhaps another reality, but sages dispute that and claim that his home, Phyrexia, was simply a region the location of which is no longer known. His hand supposedly survives somewhere, but, as sages affirm, it is all that is left of him.

3. You gather the mold, ashvael nearly dying when his hand slips and the monstrous mold blasts him in the face, (ashvael hospitalized for 1 turn), the chalice is made, the blood and tears are easy enough to get. The mixture is ready. Actually doing the ritual itself however does cost an action. So you need to use one of your next 3 actions to do the ritual.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Druza Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:05 pm

86 , 6 , 58

ALL ACTIONS ARE TO DEFEAT DORF
Druza
Druza

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandingo Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:04 am

I am not one to walk away from such an insult. The goblins, unintelligent though they may be, should have known better than to trespass on MY grounds and steal MY property.
Well, time to start a genocide. My journey will be delayed until I have exterminated every redcap I can locate in the area.
1: I send out my second to attempt to locate goblin residences. I give her the stinking cloud potion in case she needs a quick escape and a minor healing potion in case she needs to recover. She is ordered to not take action against the redcaps. They will know soon enough what we have planned for them.

2-3: Something about this withered skull rings of importance to me. I play with it for a bit, attempting to remember its purpose or rediscover it through use. If I can't figure it out, I experiment with the effect that it has on the toads. If that doesn't yield results, I suppose I'll have to wait until I get some redcap subjects...

83 , 9 , 5
Mandingo
Mandingo

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittershine Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:03 am

1:Send the drow equivalent of a get well soon card to Ashvael.
2:Inform my guards that no one is to enter the summoning chambers for any reason. Unless the plane itself is about to implode their should be no reason to bother her.
3:Summon some demons.
Glittershine carried out 3 launched of one d100 :
27 , 27 , 51

Glittershine

Back to top Go down

Post by redaeth Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:06 am

60 , 44 , 54

1.2. Ask my hosts aid in quelling the beast we came across on our travels here.

3. Ask if they are willing to join my cause. To rid the world of the scars that mankind and all like them have scoured upon it.
redaeth
redaeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:41 am

Errr... gargoyim? Isn't someone missing still?
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Druza Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:49 am

Clovis and ashkun
Druza
Druza

Back to top Go down

Post by Clovis Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:14 am

I sent you a Private message dafty, I kind of need a response before I post.

Clovis

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:51 pm

Clovis wrote:I sent you a Private message dafty, I kind of need a response before I post.

My inbox was 100% full without my knowledge, I didn't get the message, please send it again. I'll respond promptly.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Clovis Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:14 am

63 , 70 , 58

Stats: http://pastebin.com/ffveRjWJ

Bonuses
Chief - Social status. This is marked by tattoos on a bugbear's arms, and is obvious to any bugbear who looks.
I am around level 14, Dafty confirmed this.

1. First things first, Graxis will harvest the spiders corpses, he will certainly find a use for them at some point.

2. Graxis will continue his training, honing both his body and his mind for the coming battles, however training by himself will only take him so far. Graxis must make sure to speak with Thugrus about finding a sparring partner.

3. As Graxis lays himself down to sleep again his mind is once again drawn to thoughts of Cydrax and the other demon lords, the entire scenario was very intriguing, what where they discussing? What was that massive creature? And most importantly, why was Graxis there? As he continues along this train of thought he finds himself thinking of Cydrax, Graxis had heard of the tales, of the cults, Cydrax his races supposed creator, his creator. What did Cydrax plan when he created the bugbears? Did he truly envision them to be in the state that they are in now? Simple tribes struggling to simply exist while the humans and other races have built themselves damn empires! Are we some cosmic joke?

Last edited by Clovis on Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I fucked up my roll like an idiot, http://gyazo.com/f5616c6d66ccdd787dbdfe03094f593e)

Clovis

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:57 am

DRUZA
1-3: A strong opening allows you some early headway against the dorfish challenger, injuring him twice, before he injures you once. Unfortunately, his weapon is a weapon of impact, and when he hits you, he shatters your shield, breaks your arm, and throws you 10 feet across the area, where you land on your side. However, you surprise him by rolling over suddenly and his mace lodges in the dirt for a moment, allowing you to stick him in the throat with your weapon.

Your forearm is pulverized. It needs to be amputated. The Manticore offers you a choice. She'll heal your arm, then leave, OR, join your force, and remain, without healing your arm.

Your forces gained numerous weapons and armor, a scattered few of which are magical.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:59 am

MANDINGO
1: I send out my second to attempt to locate goblin residences. I give her the stinking cloud potion in case she needs a quick escape and a minor healing potion in case she needs to recover. She is ordered to not take action against the redcaps. They will know soon enough what we have planned for them.

2-3: Something about this withered skull rings of importance to me. I play with it for a bit, attempting to remember its purpose or rediscover it through use. If I can't figure it out, I experiment with the effect that it has on the toads. If that doesn't yield results, I suppose I'll have to wait until I get some redcap subjects...

1: The red caps mostly live in a big old tree near the river, it seems that the hollowed out tree is the entrance to a cave system. It also seems to only have one entrance or exit that your second could find.

2-3: You flubbed it badly and accidentally cursed yourself. You become a small helpless piglet for 1 hour.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:03 am

GLITTERSHINE
1:Send the drow equivalent of a get well soon card to Ashvael.
2:Inform my guards that no one is to enter the summoning chambers for any reason. Unless the plane itself is about to implode their should be no reason to bother her.
3:Summon some demons.

1. A nice card and a bottle of whiskey reaches ashvael.

2. Guards avoid entering your summoning chamber.

3. The magic symbols become a door, and through the door steps a 4 foot tall fungus/mold/seaweed looking imp creature with a big nose, scattered and few teeth, big ears, and a pipe. "What do you want of the darkness?" The being asks casually, blood red eyes weeping stinky tears of puss.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:05 am

REDAETH
1.2. Ask my hosts aid in quelling the beast we came across on our travels here.

3. Ask if they are willing to join my cause. To rid the world of the scars that mankind and all like them have scoured upon it.

Celestayna informs you that it was by design of the gods that ugnux got out, and that is the only reason it got out. It has a role to play in the next chapter of things, and should remain unmolested for the time being.

She goes on to say that though their actions are not known to you, the deeds of her and her courtiers are aligned to your goal already, explaining that they were never not on your side.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:15 am

CLOVIS
1. First things first, Graxis will harvest the spiders corpses, he will certainly find a use for them at some point.

2. Graxis will continue his training, honing both his body and his mind for the coming battles, however training by himself will only take him so far. Graxis must make sure to speak with Thugrus about finding a sparring partner.

3. As Graxis lays himself down to sleep again his mind is once again drawn to thoughts of Cydrax and the other demon lords, the entire scenario was very intriguing, what where they discussing? What was that massive creature? And most importantly, why was Graxis there? As he continues along this train of thought he finds himself thinking of Cydrax, Graxis had heard of the tales, of the cults, Cydrax his races supposed creator, his creator. What did Cydrax plan when he created the bugbears? Did he truly envision them to be in the state that they are in now? Simple tribes struggling to simply exist while the humans and other races have built themselves damn empires! Are we some cosmic joke?

1. The bones are suitable to make arrows, the teeth make fine caltrops. (small spiky objects thrown onto the ground when you're being pursued). The venom sacks are a bit harder to harvest, but you do get some of them. The web sacks are easier to harvest, but are of no use to you as you are not a caster.

2. Thurgus gives you a ring of the sparring partner. It creates a magical skeleton that starts at level 0 and rises in level each time its defeated. It doesn't have HP or stamina, it simply rises again and again until you take the ring off or destroy it 10 times in a row.

3. A voice comes to your ears. Maybe its a dream. Maybe its a message. "..no purpose.... no meaning.... no plan..."
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandingo Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:30 pm

1: Angrily snort until I turn back into my regular, intimidating Witch Doctor self.

2: Continue experimenting with the head, its power is obviously great.

3: Dispatch my second to attempt to find individual red caps out alone. She will kill them with the crossbow and return them to me for experimentation.

6 , 58 , 7
Mandingo
Mandingo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandingo Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:30 pm

COME OOOOOOON
Mandingo
Mandingo

Back to top Go down

Post by Clovis Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:12 pm

37 , 47 , 46

Bonuses
I am around level 14, Dafty confirmed this.

1-2. “Thank you mighty Thugrus, this ring will suit our mutual purpose very well.” After thanking the dragon Graxis will return to his quarters and begin intensely training. Again he focuses on not being hit, deflecting or redirecting blows, looking for opportunities to deliver a fatal finisher to his opponent.

3. Graxis thinks on the words, it could not have been a dream, it has to have been a message, but the meaning… Cydrax created us without purpose, without meaning, he has no great plan for us. Graxis cannot help the smile that creeps onto his face “Perfect”. Graxis, and all of the bugbears, perhaps even all of monsterkind are the masters of their own destiny, there is no unseen hand guiding and manipulating us, they were not created for a something and can thus be anything. “We are overlooked, we are ignored but we will rise”. Graxis begins to think and he begins to plan, it would be a great task to unite monsterkind underneath him and his banner, much needs to be done. Graxis spends a great deal of time planning how he would make his monster empire.

Clovis

Back to top Go down

Post by Druza Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:04 am

Off with the arm, eat it after obvs
35 , 10 , 60

Action 1: kill the rest of the dorfs in terrible ways
Action 2: try figuring out how i made that creature made for sacrficing, those dorfs might "help" out
Action 3: see if i can make one of the magical items replace my now long eaten arm

Wrong formatt editing post to make dice actually work
Druza
Druza

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittershine Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:25 am

1-3:"I wish to contact your mistress. I'm coming to her with a proposition. She may be able to help me out of a couple of binds I'm under and I could help her finish something she's started earlier."

Glittershine

Back to top Go down

Post by redaeth Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:45 pm

99 , 2 , 14

1. At home the Blackwood Forest once again surges forth as green mana is released into the woods and applied to its growth, reclaiming more and more land.

2. 3.  Ask Celestayna if she has way to aid us in our search for the Gong, then begin the journey towards Amon Anar. Perhaps further clues lie there.
redaeth
redaeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:58 pm

MANDINGO
1: Angrily snort until I turn back into my regular, intimidating Witch Doctor self.

2: Continue experimenting with the head, its power is obviously great.

3: Dispatch my second to attempt to find individual red caps out alone. She will kill them with the crossbow and return them to me for experimentation.

RESPONSE
Results of 6, 7 - When your second gets back, she nearly cooks you before you snort and transform with no warning, your second shrieking AIYEEE suddenly and blowing the fire out as hard as she can with a bellows in a moment of high comedy. After that she nervously tells you about how she was tracking the red caps and had to suddenly turn back when they were visited by an Ettin, a two headed giant. The local ettins resemble creoles and are aware of juju, the magic energy that witch doctors use, but your second is able to tell you that the ettin is likely simply a big warrior, as it had a shield and an axe.

Action 2 - You remember that the head is a Sneering shrunken head of hexing, which, when carried into battle, somewhat randomly casts the curse of pigletizing, which transforms enemies into a small, helpless piglet. It does this regardless of size, though as sages affirm, dragons are immune, completely immune, to curses, unless it is their ancient and powerful form of riddle cursing, a mystery of magic even archmages don't always understand, and far above your level in any case.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:19 pm

CLOVIS
1-2. “Thank you mighty Thugrus, this ring will suit our mutual purpose very well.” After thanking the dragon Graxis will return to his quarters and begin intensely training. Again he focuses on not being hit, deflecting or redirecting blows, looking for opportunities to deliver a fatal finisher to his opponent.

3. Graxis thinks on the words, it could not have been a dream, it has to have been a message, but the meaning… Cydrax created us without purpose, without meaning, he has no great plan for us. Graxis cannot help the smile that creeps onto his face “Perfect”. Graxis, and all of the bugbears, perhaps even all of monsterkind are the masters of their own destiny, there is no unseen hand guiding and manipulating us, they were not created for a something and can thus be anything. “We are overlooked, we are ignored but we will rise”. Graxis begins to think and he begins to plan, it would be a great task to unite monsterkind underneath him and his banner, much needs to be done. Graxis spends a great deal of time planning how he would make his monster empire.

RESPONSES
1-2: While the skeleton of sparring is a fine opponent after six to seven destructions, you are surprise attacked with ruthless ferocity by Thurgus's golem. The enormous stone creature thunders into view, 12 feet tall and weighing probably 3 to 5 tons. The huge artifact creature is simply a big man, 2 arms 2 legs 1 head, without features and roughly cut. The limbs don't have digits, though the legs do have feet, so its strike resembles a giant club.

BOOM! You are thrown across the room. Moments later... darkness.

3. You find yourself regaining consciousness with Thurgus nearby. "I apologize, a... visitor made the golem go off. Please, take some rest." Why is he being so polite? Thats not his usual behavior. The reason for his diplomacy becomes more clear A tall, very thin skeleton like creature that resembles a mummy wears a conical hat, some attire put over its 14 foot tall holocaust-skeleton body, a huge deadly scorpion tail present, its bulging eyes yellowish and opaque. Despite its appearance, it is not an undead, because it bears a sigil of Gabradoluk, the small but complex tapestry depicting 3 cut off heads and a sword sweating blood, tears and souls out of its hellish, agonizingly sawtooth blade.

Without waiting to be spoken to the creature speaks. "Gabradoluk sends his greetings, Mighty Thurgus. Please, accept my compensation for the mishap." The creature produces an emerald the size of a human head and gives it to thurgus. The creature then looks to Graxis. "Gabradoluk understands you better than you imagine, Graxis of the bugbears. He sends me with a new contract." The monster unrolls the scroll, keeping a golden tablet copy of the message. The scroll is the flayed back-skin of something and the letters, which are cuniformic, change to become something understood by graxis, the magic scroll using a language he knows.

The terms of the contract are that graxis will; yield sacrifices to Gabradoluk, create 1 personal idol, making a new one if it is destroyed by any cause, and forge the sacrificial weapon, a sawtooth dagger, which will be used to deal the deathblow to any sacrifice.

In return for this, Gabradoluk's contract will allow you to hold onto the demon as a tutor in your current intention to learn to be a conqueror, and, an additional piece of gear, a bedrock studded leather tunic of water breathing. Despite it being a tunic, water breathing is a useful skill, and bedrock is the stone which the gods used to seal off the world of the dead, as such, its stronger than most metals.

You then realize your leg is broken. So you'll have plenty of time to study. Spend 2 turns healing. You may perform tasks that don't require walking or standing normally, and with a tutor and assistant the study should be much easier.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:37 pm

DRUZA
Action 1: kill the rest of the dorfs in terrible ways
Action 2: try figuring out how i made that creature made for sacrficing, those dorfs might "help" out
Action 3: see if i can make one of the magical items replace my now long eaten arm

RESPONSE
Action 1: Most of them escaped when one used a concealed dagger to cut through a net in the night.
Action 2: You fucked up. You fucked up bad. Instead of making several small thrulls, the bodies fused and made one big one. You were hurt terribly.
Action 3: While healing from being hurt, you end up making a sort of harpoon-spear device. Its sort of like a hook hand, but its a big spear point with numerous nasty blades, as what you found from the dwarf belongings was mostly a lot of broken weapons. You now have a piercing-type strike, and are always considered armed. You can no longer wield two handed weapons or shields though, but with this spear hand of yours, a quick jab and it is O-VER for whatever you stuck it into.

The prosthetic weapon is a Painful spear of stabbing +5. Add a +5 to any attempt to stab with it's roll.

EDIT: misread one of the rolls, thought it was a 06 instead of a 60.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dafty Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:50 pm

GLITTERSHINE
1-3:"I wish to contact your mistress. I'm coming to her with a proposition. She may be able to help me out of a couple of binds I'm under and I could help her finish something she's started earlier."

RESPONSE
"Certainly ma'am. In exchange for me setting up this meeting, you will provide me with either one platinum amulet or one large ruby of quality. Are we agreed?"

The congenial creature then produces a large stamper and a tablet. VOOP. Cuniform appears on it which changes to be possible to read by glittershine, the tablet containing the jist of what was offered.

The platinum amulet is well beyond your finances, platinum is very expensive, the ruby is the better offer, and well within your price range. Though you could splurge and get the amulet.
Dafty
Dafty
Knight Commander
Knight Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum